:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 2

Getting a trust level lock means that moderators have locked your account from changing its trust level.

5 Likes

in what cases would that happen?

7 Likes

So you get a lock in one of 2 scenarios.

The first and most common is if we’re approving a new account but have noticed the possibility of it being an alt account. Since we don’t allow for those, the new account is locked at TL0 until we can sort out the potential alt issue.

The other is purely at our discretion based on the user’s pattern of behavior. However, it usually always follows this: if an account has had questionable actions over a lengthy period of time and we’ve subsequently sent reminders and warnings but there’s no significant change in behavior.
Because trust levels are based on trust and allow for the user to earn more permissions and freedom, they are also a privilege. Disrespect of the community and breaking of guidelines intended to maintain a safe space is also breaking trust; and until that trust has been earned back, additional privileges will not be granted. While you do automatically gain in trust levels from between TL0-TL3, that is strictly based on forum activity and statistics.
However, it does not account for quality of activity, nor does the automatic system factor in their actual behavior here. If someone manages to increase their trust level purely by spamming the forum for the activity requirements, instead of productively and helpfully contributing to discussions, they have then not earned that trust level and we will lock it until theyve bettered themselves and proved to us that they have, in fact, now earned it.

then i guess there’s technically also permanent regular which is when we TL lock people at TL3 but thats only for retired leaders as a thank you for their service to the community. so i wouldnt really count it but that does exist too

11 Likes

Sorry totally unrelated

My HS is updating?

4 Likes

no worries, feel free to have as many threads going here as yall wanna

you probably have autoinstall updates enabled and its prob downloading 3.50.3

7 Likes

sounds like me :joy_cat:

also sounds like me! sorry guys haha

7 Likes

also can users that aren’t leaders and mods see if a person is trust level locked by just looking at their profile?

7 Likes

No, it is only possible for us to see it.

4 Likes

also why was the thingy in my pronouns section removed
i know it wasn’t my pronouns but it was funny…

7 Likes

^ this is precisely why

The pronouns field is there to help hops address you the way you wish to be addressed, but misuse of that field will lead to us removing it.

7 Likes

okay! thanks

7 Likes

Thanks for letting us know — we have updated the projects on Masterpieces now.

6 Likes

just curious, is there a feature to time a post?

like, is it possible to plan that this post will be posted 2222-02-23T03:22:22Z?

6 Likes

For mods I think we can do that on OP but not other posts

6 Likes

any updates for ch’s post?

okay, thx for the info :+1:

7 Likes

perfectly fine to make, just add the disclaimer at the top

8 Likes

Note: this is just a guss basd on my experience.
No as someone could use it to track you and find out where you live. Same reason no pet pics.

3 Likes

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/awesome-text-tricks-on-the-forum/52047?u=tri-angle

nooooooo :joy:

why clive tho? /srs

5 Likes

because of many duplicate topics and nowhere to test discobot (much to discobot’s dismay :robot:) - there’s now one big topic for all things testing!

7 Likes

oh cool - somehow didn’t receive the new topic notification so i asked abt the clive. my bad, and thanks for the link! :))

7 Likes