:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 2

As leaders we must agree not to do anything with the data. It’s part of the trust entitlement that we’re given. Moderators, like those from any other company, also have to sign a contract saying that won’t do that, so there are serious consequences for us if we do anything with it.

Additionally, that’s also why it’s good to practice online safety – more likely than not, what you post on a site (not just ours) is stored permanently

10 Likes

So you’ll get Arrested?

2 Likes

Probably not that serious, but there are potential legal consequences. Basically if we’re found to have and do something with that information we’re considered liable. I don’t know the exact details, but it’s not that simple either; different companies can handle it differently.

I can’t really provide any more info (I don’t know much more about these things), but if you’re interested in non-disclosure agreements and what they do, you can search up what an “NDA” is and read more about that.

10 Likes

@Leaders can you change my name to “Ezra” please?

8 Likes

ok, done

11 Likes

@Awesome_E Edit history please

4 Likes

As you said as long as it follows the rules for photos it should be ok!

I think there was also a post at some point of knitting or crocheting a Hopscotch logo or something like that so yeah

5 Likes

Alright thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I asked this in the hops videos thing but I don’t exactly think anyone really saw it and because I really wanna know I’m asking here

Is it allowed if I post a video of me playing my flute? (just the flute none of me or my voice)

6 Likes

I don’t know since it’s not directly HS related.
But I do know sharing your voice is fine, so I’d assume a flute would be too, but since it’s not HS related it’s probably going to be a no.
I’d wait for an official answer though.
I don’t know for sure, it’s just a guess.

4 Likes

Bringing this up with the team

8 Likes

uh, video or audio recording, because I believe sharing your voice is fine (not face), but then again they usually have to be hs related for videos :thinking:

6 Likes

Alright thanks you guys

IF ONLY HS HAD MUSIC I COULD PLAY ON THE FLUTE

5 Likes

just play the flute over footage of hopscotch
:skull:

5 Likes

oh why didn’t I think of that

I have a brain and I don’t use it

FLUTE BACKGROUND MUSIC TO ME TRYING TO MAKE FLAPPY BIRD

WA-BAM

Still not sure if it would be allowed though

4 Likes

slightly similar question, would we be allowed to share music we’ve composed? not me playing it, but like a screen recording through a notation software?

I would put it on hopscotch but music without advanced mode is very limited

13 Likes

very true

i wouldve shared a couple things ive done but recreating with 2 octaves would be ugly

10 Likes

Am going to bring it up now with the team - thanks for your patience in advance

9 Likes

Doesn’t always have to be

10 Likes

Is there anything we can do about this?
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/13iclla7xp

7 Likes