WHAT IS A GBOT

4 Likes

Get back on topic.

3 Likes

oh ok, people keep on telling me not to learn what it means

4 Likes

Huh? It just means get back on topic. Nothing else to my knowledge

3 Likes

Wait, what? Did someone on the forum tell you that?

3 Likes

ikr right I was like wdym?

3 Likes

Yeah they acting like its so inappropriate

4 Likes

Hmm…?
Well it’s not. Maybe that person doesn’t know.

Or think it means something else

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Just an urgent question: do drafts save after a full on day? I have to sleep in 2am 10 mins after and im working on my currency

4 Likes

Yes but I highly recommend you store it in a google doc because it’s easy to accidentally delete it

5 Likes

Alright thanks

4 Likes

Like @/I_Cant_Code said, “GBOT” is an acronym for “Get Back On Topic”. Someone might post it to remind people in a topic that they think that the conversation is going a bit off-topic and that they should try to steer back the conversation. Nothing inappropriate about it, and it’s a great acronym to learn!

If you look under “Other codes” here, you can find a list of other common acronyms that you might come across when browsing the forum.

I think so - and @/StarlightStudios answered before me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: , but I was also going to say that it’s highly recommended to save it somewhere else, like in your notes or Google Docs.

6 Likes

then why do people tell me it means smth bad

5 Likes

its not necessarily bad - its just a warning to keep your posts relevant to the topic

5 Likes

It doesn’t mean anything bad, but it’s not good to be off-topic

It’s not a big deal though it’s just a friendly reminder so don’t take it personally!

3 Likes

Yeah

3 Likes

yikes,

That person might not know

Or just messing with you idk

3 Likes

It could be that they are simply not aware of what it means. If you encounter that happening in the future, you can reply and tell them what the meaning of it is:)

4 Likes

ok. Anyways i’m making a thing named Forum Battles which utilizes an ai pokemon battle simulator so that people can battle each other.
If there are timezones, the battles can continue day by day

2 Likes