:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 2

Gasp

5 Likes

okay, i give up

please reopen an hsosc topic i think, please!!

7 Likes

I think that’s what it’s called…

6 Likes

maybe also restore the post just above mine because it’s a game rule change announcement

11 Likes

you have to click the little i thingy and type your reason there
like this i think

9 Likes

well, it was just reopening an hsosc topic i think before my dht post, but it’s done after, and not really a big deal. thanks for future reference, though!

10 Likes

I saw a post right now, it had 6 likes, but there were only 5 people who liked this!

How did this happen?

I tried to click on the “profile” next to the first user (DaughterOfHecate) who liked that post, but there didn’t appear a profile.

Is this a glitch, or is there something I’m forgetting?

9 Likes

@/Leaders

I have some questions:

• Can you create the same competition even though someone else already created one, but that competition is #complete?

• How many tags do you get per day?

• Can you view every unlisted topic?

• Is there a list that’s only visible for leaders?

11 Likes

That definitely seems odd — I think it might be a glitch with the forum. I’m not sure how it might have happened. If it happens again, we could make a bug report with the forum software.

I think it’s great that you want to make a competition inspired by another one!

If the user who set up the competition is still active, maybe you could tag them and just check if they’re alright with you making another version of the competition.

If they’re not active anymore, I think perhaps you could make the competition and just give credit to the one that you were inspired by.

You can see tags on this page Leaders - Hopscotch Forum, though sometimes people will also individually tag the most recently active leader.

Feel free to tag the leaders group, or post here, if you have something that requires attention though! Or you could flag a post for moderators to review, depending on the case.

Leaders can view unlisted topics, though it is mainly only when needed and while they are still active.

There is a private category for leader discussion.

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s happened to me a few times :[

Oh hey there’s a new quote UI 8)

7 Likes

#announcements:blog

#announcements + #blog = #announcements:blog

6 Likes

#Hopscotch Academy:Open Source Code & How Tos - #Hopscotch Academy + #videos-and-learning-resources = #open-source-code:videos-and-learning-resources

6 Likes

Wow the category slug is very long — I just shortened it to #open-source-code:videos

7 Likes

I think this doesn’t happen to a random post, but to random posts.

Because I spotted all these in the same topic:

7 Likes

I really want to apply to become a leader when they open mid February, but someone said that you have to be on the forum for at-least a year, but mid February I would’ve been around two weeks short of that deadline. Can you please consider making an exception?

8 Likes

I’m not sure what requirements we will have this time, but I’ll mention that you told us this if it comes up.

10 Likes

There are two causes:

Either it really is a glitch and needs to addressed

OR

One of the users who liked their post has no profile image (meaning it’s completely invisible).

6 Likes

It’s possible that maybe a deleted user has liked those post, but the like count hasn’t been updated after they’ve been deleted.

That would indeed be a bug on the forum software — I’ll report it to them if I get a chance to do some more testing and confirm.

Thanks for reporting it here — I will make a followup report with them.

8 Likes

happens when you leave the forum open inactive in the background of your ipad - some discourse services are not responding (eg notifications are not updated properly) and thats one of the not responding service, updating the number of likes. would need a reload to make it display properly again

had this issue before but i dont think its a big deal

7 Likes

I’ve definitely had that happen too, when I’m browsing and have left the forum then come back to the page.

However for this, I checked the same posts in the screenshot, and other posts which had previously been liked by a deleted user. And I also had the same issue with the like count not matching the number of avatars. These were posts made months ago, so I think the like count isn’t correct.

8 Likes