:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 2

Oh, okay. That sounds very weird. It could very well be a technical issue on our end:( You could try navigating to this settings page (Settings–>Apps) and see if any of the problematic browsers are listed there. If so, try revoking access to them. Make sure you have a backup device to log in to in case this stops the login from the HS app work (but it shouldn’t). And make sure to remember your password, since everything you revoke access to will log you out!

6 Likes

i dont have much time here’s the post

i’ll see if i got some time to go in my settings

the kicking out is extremely irregular and i can’t predict when it’ll kick me out :((

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that the fix didn’t work. I hope you can find a backup plan! I’ll post about this internally and see what we can do. Sadly, a lot of the forum software stuff is done by the Discourse company, but I promise I will see what we can do.

4 Likes

hm, i think it worked! i did what you linked and also revoked every access from preference → security. it didnt work immediately, but now i can access the forum like normal! thank you very much!

if i still have issues i’ll repost another remix in the hopscotch app :)

7 Likes

update: it did not fix my computer

7 Likes

I would try “log out of all devices” in security preferences then clearing all cookies for the site on all devices if you haven’t already

8 Likes

Are we allowed to use keepthescore to make leaderboard for our games?

5 Likes

I have used the site before, but from what it seems like, this will not be allowed. The primary reason for this decision is that anyone can add news or edit the leaderboard, even if they didn’t create it (I don’t think that’s an intentional feature, but it let me do that). That makes it easy to communicate outside of HS, and it defeats the purpose of having a view-only board.

This should be something you can easily integrate into a project updates topic, your existing GitBook page, or a Hopscotch project.

9 Likes

There is a “public link” option where you can’t add anything, it can become view only. I can send you the link to view what I’m talking about

I’ll add it to edit history

4 Likes

thats what i did, and it did not work for my computer. good news is i can access from my ipad

10 Likes

You can put it in edit history if you want. I thought it was the same thing as you said, but when I just checked, the site was different from how I last remember

7 Likes

Done! The newsfeed will be used to share the latest update (and that the board has been updated when it does get updated)

5 Likes

I see – you just need an account to make a read-only board… I’m still not sure why you can’t do it in a topic, but I’ll forward this to the team

9 Likes

Can someone change my name to MooseCat?

9 Likes

Done now :+1:

11 Likes

thanks lol

7 Likes

The Hopscotch Team will be out of office during the holiday break — from 24 Dec 2022 to 2nd Jan 2023. We’ll be able to respond to forum posts & emails afterwards.

I will be out of office until around 17th Jan 2023. (I will be volunteering at a computer science summer school.)

We hope you have a great holiday break, however you may celebrate :confetti_ball:

25 Likes

Ok, this is a random question but does this mean projects can’t leave the filter? I was planning on updating a game

12 Likes

We have a moderator separate to the team for reviewing images - I think usually images have still been reviewed in the past, though it might be delayed a bit. I’ll have to check.

14 Likes

i aint trying to be bossy or anything but personally i wouldn’t change your name to something seasonal bc i think you can only change your name once a year but i might be wrong though.

10 Likes