:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 2

a depressive #deprecated

(here)

3 Likes

hey, can i create a test-topic rq in #random-stuff and delete it after then?

i’ll just delete the op with the button :wastebasket: when im done, no need to close clive autodelete haha

4 Likes

Maybe the voting is enabled for some categories, I’ve just missed it if so. Hold it for now, maybe another leader/mod knows better than me:))

4 Likes

It must have been enabled for a category that doesn’t exist anymore, since it’s not enabled for #deprecated

5 Likes

can I change my username to
Lauren bc Lauren is actually my real name

5 Likes

Sure, you may. Please note that you will not be able to change back until in a year though. Here are the rules for name changing:

If you want to make the change, I can do it for you! Just confirm it:))

8 Likes

I comfirm! tysm for changing my name! :))

5 Likes

Name change done - enjoy it! @Lauren

4 Likes

thank you so much!!!

5 Likes

Congratulations :clap:t2: :clap:t2:!

6 Likes

Why do you need to request to join omtl?

6 Likes

some prior incidents, but aside from that it is a very big group and we don’t want just anyone to be able to tag it so we vet everyone in it

8 Likes

@Leaders can i make a chat topic or a drawing topic :blush:

6 Likes

you cannot – we have the You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL] 🏳️‍🌈 and the https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/drawing-with-hopscotch-topic-2-official/60774, and those are the only chat/drawing topics we allow.
that stuff is not directly related to hopscotch and we allow it as a privilege but thats why it has to be kept in moderation. a good rule of thumb is that if there is an official topic that serves a purpose, you cant create one of your own

9 Likes

NOOOO WHY DID YOU DO THAT :sob:

4 Likes

as i explained, ill help you get the qna set up once youve got hopscotch – its gotta be closed til then because you cant do the qna. but when you have the app and are able to answer questions about your experience with it, i’ll reopen it and you can start working on the project!

10 Likes

hey fear sorry ab that haha

9 Likes

no worries, happy to help :))

9 Likes

Hey there! Firstly, welcome to the hopscotch forum! This topic is probably a slightly better fit for that question as we leaders try not to post in that topic. With that being said, the leaders actually don’t work on building the app itself and instead help run the forum and run competitions etc. (for any questions directed towards the developers I would reach out via email, help@gethopscotch.com for the quickest response, but I would also encourage you create a topic here on the forum for any feature requests you may have)

I can tell you that it’s very unlikely that the request seeds block will go public for a few reasons. Mainly that it’s easily abused. It’s no fun when someone claims they’re selling something when in reality they aren’t, and while most people would do a fair bit of diligence in ensuring any seed exchanges inside their projects would be properly fulfilled through their code, even the slightest bug could make an in game product sold for real money completely worthless.

Since the hopscotch team is an intermediary here, they have a responsibility to ensure that this won’t happen which is why they hand select who can use the request deeds block at the moment. Keep making awesome projects and prove that you’re a responsible member of the community and you’ll be right on track to receiving the honor that is the request deeds block.

9 Likes

edit history (any leader lol)

3 Likes