:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 2

because of many duplicate topics and nowhere to test discobot (much to discobot’s dismay :robot:) - there’s now one big topic for all things testing!

7 Likes

oh cool - somehow didn’t receive the new topic notification so i asked abt the clive. my bad, and thanks for the link! :))

7 Likes

weird
did you get the tag?

10 Likes

yep i got it :+1:

6 Likes

awesome! :))

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

Am I allowed to use a photo as my profile picture if it cannot be used to identify anyone at all and is of the inside of a flower with only the flower in it or on the forum is it no pictures full stop.

5 Likes

yeah unfortunately we dont allow any pictures that you’ve taken yourself for safety purposes
theres a lot of reasons for this:

• if you reverse image search something, and its been posted elsewhere, its a very quick way to find personal information from another site/sociaI media
  • you can see surroundings in pictures, so if theres something specific or niche in the background, you can also use that to find location
    • even just a street sign can be in the background and show you a street name, which is extraordinary unsafe

i understand that it’s just the inside of a flower (and i believe we’ve actually had a discussion about this atleast one before but correct nd if i’m wrong) but its much safer to just have this blanket rule.
even if everyone takes proper precautions, theres just way too much of a risk and we just cant put your safety on the line.

ive explained our prioritization this way before, and it might help:

the goal is to make the community the best place it can be so the community’s best interests are always the second priority (after safety but thats a given and unchangeable number 1)

it might be extraordinarily frustrating but our roles as leaders and moderation entails moderatingthe forum. this means keeping it safe, friendly and ensuring that nothing bad happens here.
the community, our fun comps and initiatives and allllll of the projects we’ve done here to make this a better place for yall will always absolutely come second to that.

nothing we do to better the community is happening if there’s a risk of getting hurt – no activity holds a candle to your well being; you will always come first.

so while it’s unfortunate, thats the way it is rn
our guidelines on personal information are here:

10 Likes

um @FearlessPhoenix abt that edit history what’s a “watched word?”

5 Likes

anything that sends the post to us for moderation, sometimes as an autoflag or filtering

9 Likes

oh ok- but i can’t put any edit history to a post that is in a slow mode topic. it says to encourage conversation blabla, i should wait before editing a post

5 Likes

no worries

gotcha, good to know. i think you should be able to within the spend timeframe (so 5 min sm gives you 5 mins editing time, 10 mins gives you 10, etcetc) but i could be wrong

9 Likes

hmm i don’t think so, i posted it and right after i edited the post to make the pic smaller but it doesn’t allow me to publish the edit :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

but if i’m not wrong i remember sometimes it allows me to edit - small stuff, like a typo

ok you know what i’ll test the edit history stuff - that’s the purpose of the forum features testing topic, isn’t it? hehe

6 Likes

that’s so weird, i might just be tripping

absolutely feel free to test it and actually lmk what you find out, that’ll be super useful info for us

tysm!

9 Likes

Why is it that people have to type 10 letters or can’t send?

6 Likes

so there’s less spam

8 Likes

i think editing an image’s size is considered as “big edit”. the 2 first edit histories i was able to post them but the third one i couldn’t (i added a bunch of random texts to it)

so to sum up, in a slow mode topic,
→ Small edit: you can post the edit
→ Big edit: you should wait

7 Likes

marks post as helpful
tyvm, this is really great to know and i’ll pass it on cuz thats actually pretty useful!

8 Likes

no prob :))

wait actually we can’t edit at all anything that the system consider as big edit

i tried another time making that image smaller and it doesn’t allow me
and it’s been 25min
weird

7 Likes

in any topic without slowmode as well?
weird. im guessing OPs might be the exception here then

8 Likes