:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 2

Interesting point!
Hopscotch TOS makes it near impossible to sue them for this though they say they are not responsible or accountable for users actions

And Roblox TOS well… good luck even thinking about challenging them to court!

Though really, the odds are unlikely but still interesting thought

7 Likes

Thanks for clarifying
It was tricky to tell what they were looking for, so I did my best to help them

Next time ill try to be more careful before sending a link

7 Likes

True and this is a question not a statement but can users under 18 even agree to something like that?

5 Likes

Yep sorta they can, awhile ago (like Summer 2021) I did some deep digging in Hopscotch TOS and this little detail may clear this up

“If you are a parent or guardian, you provide your consent to your child’s use of the Products and you agree to be bound by this agreement in respect of their use of the Products.”
And
“By accessing or using our Products, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and by our Privacy Policy. If any of these terms are unacceptable to you or in the event that any future changes are unacceptable to you, uninstall the Application and do not use the Products. You represent that you have the legal authority to enter into this agreement and be bound by its terms.”

So basically if you use Hopscotch you automatically agree and your parents are also bounded to it
Theirs other way to make it so kids can agree to a “contract” this is just one of them

7 Likes

And also as I suspected I just found this
“Though strictly social interaction is not the intent or purpose of Hopscotch, users may occasionally communicate with other users. Hopscotch may, but is not obligated to, monitor any communication between users. You assume the risk of such communications and Hopscotch has no liability related to communication between users.”

I love how all TOS sound like your selling your soul away /j /lh

6 Likes

Well this officially solves this topic lol

7 Likes

@t1_hopscotch weird question but is hopscotch open for traineeship lol? my school is organizing a day for that and tht is the first option i was thinking of

13 Likes

@Leaders I lost my reaction badge

10 Likes

Yep no worry I am aware of this!

14 Likes

Right now we’re a bit busy with all the project, so we’re probably unable to offer traineeship - but we have done it before. You can check in with us again in the future!

13 Likes

Are you talking about the First reaction badge? The forum system might have automatically removed it since we have disabled reactions. It’s weird that others still have it, but I think it can be a possible reason. We haven’t manually removed this badge from users as far as I know.

8 Likes

oh ok - but i understand the situation. maybe next time :)
woah tht offered traineeship in the past :O

7 Likes

Awww . Of course they have life and all, but it’s great that they still work hard to moderate an entire forum.

10 Likes

I said too as I was not sure if the topic could stay /lh

9 Likes

Yea it’s strange

I was just a little confused
It’s ok if you can’t give the bade back to me, I was just wondering since it’s a cool part of forum history

6 Likes

Yeah I think generally this is ok! We’ve wanted the forum to be a bit easier to look around for new users recently

15 Likes

ohh that makes sense, thanks - will keep that in mind :)

11 Likes

You can change the bio of your tag group, but not the name yet. You still have to wait about 1-4 weeks.

6 Likes

hello @Leaders! can i get my leaderboard approved? it’s for event of the day. i know its allowed but i just wanna tripple-check ;)

<iframe frameborder=0 width="100%" height="500" src="https://codepen.io/Tri-HS/full/NWLdPNG"></iframe>

once it gets approved, can a leader put that iframe at the bottom of my topic’s op? if possible please put a <hr> on top of the frame too. basically:

[old topic's op - please do not change or edit out the old op]

<hr>
<iframe frameborder=0 width="100%" height="500" src="https://codepen.io/Tri-HS/full/NWLdPNG"></iframe>

thank you so so much!!
and hey, thank you ae, codepen is awesome - i can finally code on ipad lol

10 Likes

@William04GamerA edit history!

6 Likes