no u

7 Likes

yes u

6 Likes

Maybe u

6 Likes

GBOT please :wink:

6 Likes

@t1_hopscotch question for you - is it possible for the new and legacy notification menus to be toggled in user settings similar to how light and dark mode can be toggled? no worries if it isn’t, i was just curious as some people probably prefer the legacy theme :)

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [OFFICIAL] Custom group change request log

Definitely can understand that — it is a bit overwhelming when you’re used to the old one. I think it’s a site-wide setting at the moment but I will check on Discourse to see if it can be toggled per-user.

11 Likes

Would having less buttons help? In this theme change, I just removed the other notification menus (likes, replies, other) so that the notifications is all one menu. And the bookmarks tab is the same as before.

I’ve just added this as a user theme.

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/my/preferences/interface

If anyone wants to try it out, let me know what you think of it, and I can make tweaks based on suggestions. (And if people want it on the Patterns themes too, I can make extra variants of those)

12 Likes

nope for me

9 Likes

Much better ahh

7 Likes

Ah okay, thank you for looking :)

I like the idea, however i seem to lose access to like notifications and some of the others present in the other tabs, although i don’t know why lol.

As for suggestions, I looked at the announcement topic for this on discourse and they show a mentions tab, which could potentially be nice if you’re able to add it :]

11 Likes

can i have a link to discourse?

5 Likes

That does seem strange. I seem to get them in the main notification tab even when the other buttons aren’t there. Maybe they are buried under more recent notifications?

I think maybe the screenshot from the announcement on Discourse might be out of date, but I can check. It looks like mentions have now been included under the replies tab.

We don’t have all the features turned on here yet, but the announcement blog post is here:

8 Likes

Okay so I have a question
I have 3 WYRs
What would I do if I want to use one, just go to the topic and make the poll, and tag @/WYR?

6 Likes

Asking again in the right topic this time:
@Leaders Can I change my username to MarkerGames, please? :]

5 Likes

because you was a winner in advent calendar? lemme check how to submit

edit: tagged you somewhere

8 Likes

Hey leads would a joke topic go in #random-stuff?

5 Likes

That’s probably the case, considering up until a few minutes ago i had most categories on watching. :P

oh cool! that works too

are you able to share if you plan on turning them on? i can see keeping real time chat off as it might stray a bit from how we currently communicate on the forum. the user status feature would be fairly cool, although it might distract from the purpose of titles

11 Likes

I feel like a lot of people see the forum as strict (not saying it isn’t or is) and I think having real-time chat could loosen up the forum a bit and make it a bit more chill than it currently is.

With how we currently communicate on the forum conversations take days and this would be a fun way to change it up

7 Likes

Nvm it’s published now I can edit later :b

5 Likes