:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 2

As long as it wasn’t only a draft and you can tell us where it was - we have the ability to recover them!

10 Likes

How do you become part of the welcome team?

6 Likes

There are applications, and the successful applicants get chosen, I think, correct me someone if I’m wrong.

5 Likes

Please can you recover my post on this topic? Thank you.

4 Likes

In the past there have been applications to join the team, and some have been reached out to for their dedication to helping new users. There are no applications open right now, but keep being a positive influence and help out where you can - it doesn’t go unnoticed! :hs_parrot:

7 Likes

hey y’all,

just a quick note on some stuff that’s been circulating recently, hoping to avoid future confusion on this.
our policies have not changed recently and we have no plans to change the following ones for the foreseeable future.

the only consequence system we have in place is the 3-2-1 warning one, with the reminders and tl locking subsystems. you can read our full policy here. the only deviation from this is extraordinarily rare and for a few specific scenarios that are dependent on the reasons for receiving moderation action. those will be very clearly and explicitly explained in the PM you receive a message in.

anything stated otherwise elsewhere is misinformation; we do not operate outside the scope of these systems.

unless you’re being told otherwise by a leader in a designated pm space or announcement, i’d advise you to treat those statements with skepticism and check the community guidelines and our announcements to make sure that nothing has changed.
and as always, feel free to ask questions! that’s what we’re here for :sun_behind_small_cloud:

13 Likes

Are you replying to the thing I posted? I know you deleted a post there and I don’t know if you moved it to here or what happened

Edit: it might not be since it doesn’t really fit into the context but I was wondering

6 Likes

this is just a general clarification message meant to reassure yall that nothing’s changed regarding our practices following some recent confusion – not a reply to anyone in particular

deleted posts will remain deleted (not moved to a different topic for explanations) but we do send out pms in those scenarios --clarification/explanation heads up, reminder, or warning-- so all direct replies to removed posts/situations will be there.
we do typically make a few quick public posts following major confusion just to clear it up (thats all this is intended as) for the general public that might’ve seen it happen and have questions, but weren’t involved enough to get a message from us.

does this help? happy to answer more questions for ya if you have any

6 Likes

So will I receive a pm that has an explanation?

3 Likes

Probably not,
I’m not a leader so idk :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

yes, you will. however, thats a process as we’ve a lot to wrap up internally before we can loop you in according, so the turnaround for those is usually a few business days ((1-3 depending on the situation, depth of the issue and how involved you are)) from the action being taken. its super annoying to have to wait but unfortunately we do need a bit to get thing sorted (especially as its all happening over a weekend)

we see and appreciate your patience tho :sunflower:

8 Likes

Ok thanks for clarifying!

4 Likes

no problem!

6 Likes

can mods anon or only admins?

4 Likes

Moderators can but we reach consensus first

7 Likes

I have a question, I’m making a game where you try to get the highest score or best time on various HS games and get on the leaderboards. Am I allowed to charge seeds for their game to be advertised? Like it might appear on the top of trending for a couple days, or it might be a pop-up ad. It would be like 12 seeds per day of advertisement so it wouldn’t be random.

3 Likes

(Assuming prices would be in a shop topic of some sort…) I’m unsure at this point – it’s not permanent but it is something where it’s not reversible, because you’re paying to have it there for x amount of time. I’ll ask the team about this

Probably because that’s currently how we have the promise of delivery between the users spending seeds and selling products

4 Likes

And also would I make a competition/events topic for it? Since it’s a event/comp of getting the highest score and competing with others. (Although it doesn’t end though.)

3 Likes

I think i will post the topic when the games ready but not sell anything yet, and then when you and the team come to a conclusion I’ll add it or not. I might put something that says it might be coming in the future but that’s it.

Since I can’t post more than twice in a row I had to delete the thank you post but I promise I’m not mad or anything lol, thanks for the help again though!

4 Likes

That’s weird – thought it was supposed to be 3 posts (but you should also be able to edit your posts for 30 minutes).

That sounds good to me – excited to see a reincarnation of the Gaming Competition after 31/2 years!

8 Likes