:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

I agree with this too. And as temm said, increasing it slowly could be one option. For example, the edit time used to be two minutes, then it was increased to 5 minutes and now it could be increased to ten minutes.

Another option is to have it where each trust level has a bit more edit time, but I don’t know whether you can do this on discourse.

7 Likes

Or we could add wiki posts again

3 Likes

The only problem with wikis were that regulars could create them and they would remain editable by anyone forever. That made it super easy for people to carry on convos that broke the guidelines without being immediately caught by the leaders.

Plus, in order for a post to be a wiki, you would have to enable it, and generally, you don’t want all of your posts to be edited by everyone.

7 Likes

@Leaders how much I got until…. I think it was regular

4 Likes

That makes sense. An option could be that every time a post is edited after being posted more than a day before, it would have to be approved by a lead. But, again, I don’t if that is within discourses capabilities.

3 Likes

I thought it was basic

5 Likes

@leaders edit

3 Likes

Yeah currently you can set a different edit time for trust level 0 & 1, vs. trust level 2 and above.

3 Likes

sorry if this is in the wrong place i just thought that maybe a leader would know

The seed developer tag is coming up on new users and people who are not seed devs. I didn’t make this a topic bc it doesnt have to do with the app

Screenshot

2 Likes

i believe they are a seed dev
they joined bc they’ve been chosen to do the autumn seed dev

but i need an official autumn seed dev to confirm what i’m saying

5 Likes

Ok thanks bc i just noticed that they didnt have a badge so i thought it was a glitch

3 Likes

they’ll have a badge at the end of the seed developer program if they publish their project on time

6 Likes

I just saw one of their projects saying that they got an email saying that they could apply for seed dev

2 Likes

yes they are a seed dev

3 Likes

I can confirm that is correct

4 Likes

She is indeed!

6 Likes

Some people applied even though they didn’t have the Hopscotch Forum

I understand the confusion you had

4 Likes

I confirm this

3 Likes

@leaders
Google sites link, made by a moderator so I don’t know if it counts
Read edit history for link

7 Likes

thanks for the tag! link’s been removed. we’re all held to the same rules and standards as everyone else :sunny:

9 Likes