:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

(if you do pics with a floor, make sure it’s something not reflective, like carpet instead of wood!)

5 Likes

Be carful I got flagged for a pixel art of my desk the in such bad quality it had a picture my advise nothing but an object

3 Likes

Edit history please :|

6 Likes

No problem! When do you plan to post this?

5 Likes

It’s in my pfp rn, and I’ll probably add it to my DHT portfolio this evening when I’m on my iPad.

6 Likes

ok, thanks!

2 Likes

I see. What I mean is that the people that would be “loaning” from you would ask for seeds. Also, it would be hard to moderate and control interest, both for you and for us. I someone would not be able to pay back, it would be trouble to both you and the person that would “owe” you seeds: to you because you have lost seeds, and to the person that have loaned seeds because they aren’t able to pay back to you.

Does that sound reasonable?

3 Likes

Well I’m not just going to loan anyone seeds…
Banks check peoples credit history and stuff before they loan someone money…

1 Like

I understand. But even if you would do that, there is never a guarantee that someone would be able to pay you back. Then there’s still the aspect of that people loaning seeds from you would break our guideline that says that you aren’t allowed to ask for seeds.

4 Likes

@Leaders
Can I start a seed bank?
With loans and stuff?

3 Likes

I think that it might easily be able to violate this rule since “loaning seeds” are basically asking for them:

In the past, we have generally been restrictive on people wanting to invent “currencies” or “banks” related to Hopscotch as well, because they can be hard to control.

9 Likes

But I’m giving them not asking for them and it would have interest…

2 Likes

Yeah… that would need to be regulated by HS.

2 Likes

Well they would be asking for seeds.

1 Like

That’s practically the request seeds block

2 Likes

theyre asking for seeds from you, which breaks the guideline Will linked, and youre asking for more seeds back in interest.

even with that guideline aside, this is essentially seed trading which is pretty :///// anyway considering that it uses real money in a kids coding app

6 Likes

It is my seeds tho

4 Likes

Yes, and if you choose to give them to people that is your choice. The problem isn’t the seeds. It’s asking for them.

4 Likes

Yeah but it wouldn’t be asking it would be requesting… and it would be kind of automatic…

1 Like

^^ exactly ^^

its like me n Reni explained to CCC yesterday with even just asking who wants seeds for the sub; they’re still replying in a way where its like “i need 172 for a sub” and thats still asking, even if in the form of a statement.

a bank is even worse in the guideline breaking sense because youre making seed transactions with both people asking for seeds (“can i have 172 seeds?” “sure, just pay me back 175 after”).
the issue with asking for seeds and making any of these transactions is that theyre not refundable and deal with real life money, which can be problematic in things like this because its the equivalent of asking for like $5. the exception is with IAPs and the seed block as there’s no requesting there, its just “hey, if you wanna unlock this THT-approved product, youll need to spend x seeds”

10 Likes