:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

How close am I? It’s pretty hard to find the requirements. I had to go digging to find them. The only issue for me is flags. I got a few when a started.

2 Likes

What happened? @FearlessPhoenix

1 Like

Someone remixed one of your projects asking to play rocket league with you, and that was linked over here so I just gave you a tag as a heads up that i was using you/your reply to them as an example

3 Likes

But is that actually what I have to do?
Not that I am going to say yes, for safety reasons obviously.
But the forum and the hopscotch app are separate so the guidelines on the forum don’t apply to the app, right? @FearlessPhoenix

2 Likes

The forum guidelines actually do apply to the app! Every practice we have at Hopsictch, regardless of which smaller platform it’s on, is applicable everywhere.
It’s all here solely because of user safety, and good practices involve following the guidelines everywhere. I’d extend that even to general Internet places, although specifics wouldn’t apply there
The Hopscotch App has enforced guidelines too, they’re just a bit harder to find and clearly define on the app rn

3 Likes

Was this linked on the forum?

2 Likes

Yea n Kingi removed it. We also reported it on the app so dw, all settled now.

6 Likes

Yeah AE linked it but it was later deleted.

2 Likes

Sincerest Apologies if this conversation doesn’t concern me. But I say Cool could play with Dinomaster123 because it’s never been stated that the rules on the forum apply to the app.
And that he/she should be able to do what they wish.
But then again it’s cool’s situation and cool’s option.

2 Likes

That’s not true, plus we don’t make the rules so this doesn’t apply

1 Like

Sure anyone can do anything, but the forum rules do apply to the app.

Because they’re not just forum rules, they’re the Hopscotch Community Guidelines and apply to all things Hopscotch – both forum, app and other extensions yet to be invented

3 Likes

We can’t just make our own rules…

1 Like

Yeah and you can actually flag projects from sharing personal information

And I would say that sharing your gamer tag is that

1 Like

yeah, exactly! The flag options in the app mirror the ones on the forum because none of that should be shared anywhere for safety purposes

2 Likes

It certainly counts as personal information, you’re correct!

2 Likes

But don’t report it because DinoMaster123 isn’t on the forum and I think that it is not fair that the Community Guidelines are on the forum because he/she/they wouldn’t of known that.

2 Likes

That is a good point, also, the amount of users on the forum are only a small slice of the actual hopscotch users, this means that they wouldn’t know, the community guidelines should be in the app too.

@AECREATION Did this happen on the app? If so, you should report the project immediately.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a fair point, but we do try to preach safe practices and extend the guidelines to the app as concretely as possible. It’s can be super hard to do because THT is a super small team and there’s a lot of users on the app. You can access basic guidelines and stuff somewhere but we’ve been tryna spread the ideals everywhere lately. Camp Courtesy is a good example of that

4 Likes

I did but when they thought I saw it the must of deleted before I got the chance.

2 Likes