:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

@TheCMStudios what does archiving a topic do, other than not being able to edit posts or able to like (basically unable to take action)

now that we don’t have global edit, why do we need to archive topics? people can like, that doesn’t matter, right? People won’t be able to edit anyways after some time, and if someone edits something to something bad, a leader could change it back or someone could flag it?

is there a deeper meaning to archiving?

5 Likes

The reason was to prevent post editing in past closed topics. Users were caught sharing private information through this which caused you guys to lose your editing abilities.

I personally continue to archive in case the full edit ability is brought back but I’m not entirely sure about everyone else

7 Likes

That sounds, terrifying. I don’t understand why someone might want to misuse a privilege they have

3 Likes

That’s just how kids are. Blind to the danger of the real world.

We try to prevent such things from happening to you guys as best as we can

5 Likes

:D you leaders are awesome!

6 Likes

Are you not allowed to have 2 accounts or is that rule outdated ?

2 Likes

It’s still a rule as far as I know

4 Likes

Still in effect I think

4 Likes

That rule is still in effect, and when we stumble around someone who has alt accounts, we usually ask them which one they want to keep and then suspend the other account.

6 Likes

hi @William04GamerA

can you please answer this question?

4 Likes

im sure he’s busy rn, give him a minute

his job is hard enough lol

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, serenity made a post explaining and I think all warnings were reset to fit the new transparency goal

7 Likes

Any warning before the new warning guideline’s official post will not be counted. This gives everyone a fair starting point

8 Likes

no but like 3 years from now, i get a warning and this rule is still in effect
then 4 years from now, i get another warning. would i have 2 warnings or 1?

3 Likes

question

4 Likes

Not fully sure? I don’t know if they degrade over time, I asked once but I don’t remember if I got an answer

7 Likes

i don’t believe you should ask again after this. they can’t rlly say no… go for it in a few hours or smth

2 Likes

id imagine they’d be reseting pretty often (once maybe twice a year?)

1 Like

That’s kind of a tricky subject to tackle considering our rules around it. I’ll see what the others say about it

4 Likes

Do you have a judging rubric created yet? If so, would you mind sharing it?

7 Likes