:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

We’ve discussed internally, and it’s great that you would like to share what you’ve learnt from other domains with fellow Hopscotchers. I can see you’re pretty excited to share :smiley: However, this is the Hopscotch forum, and while there are spaces on the forum that allow broadening of knowledge and skills outside Hopscotch, it’s not the core focus of this forum. (There are other places in the general community and on the internet that are designed to focus on industry more broadly.)

• You are welcome to make academies/schools in the Hopscotch Academy category #HA for a specific domain per topic (e.g. game design, UI/UX design) but the ones in there need to be more specifically about applying that knowledge in Hopscotch.

I know that domains can have a lot of overlap, but I’ve had some experience with a number of these, and these topics are probably too broad for a single topic. So one area of expertise per topic might be easier to help keep focus and explore in detail.

game/app programming, art, UX/UI design, 3D modeling

• How to make a real video game, book, music, brand, YouTube channel, etc.
  • Discuss art hobbies that could turn into real jobs
  • Every different artistic medium that I know which can be pursued later in life

(Some examples of other domains that have discussion here on the forum, and are in the context of Hopscotch, are Drawing with Hopscotch Topic 01 [OFFICIAL] (revised to be more focused on application in Hopscotch) and Serenity’s School of Music! )

These are existing avenues for sharing these types of knowledge and experiences. Would you like to try and see how it goes with using these avenues first? After trying these options, if you find it perhaps too limiting to fully be able to share what you’ve learnt, you are welcome to let us know, and we can discuss maybe having a more dedicated topic.

16 Likes

Thank you for the heads up! I’ll be sure to drop a couple of replies in those topics when they’re ready!

11 Likes

Do leaders stay leaders until they don’t want to be or do they have some sort of term/limit?

6 Likes

as far as I know - since it’s volunteering- you help for however long you can!

10 Likes

that sounds new

2 Likes

Users
:rofl::nerd_face::nerd_face:🥸🥸 :rofl:

2 Likes

when somebody names themself “coahdj”
and then wants to change it to “crystal”

haha imagine the name change being like “sorry, you can’t change your name”

2 Likes

Imagine being a new user and acting like hsers putting stuff like
“Crystal- on”

And getting stuck with
“Crystal- offline” forever

4 Likes

insane, that would be hats off to the name change system

3 Likes

Yep that’s correct!

5 Likes

Do leaders have the topic limit?

2 Likes

What happens if a topic goes to 10000 posts?

1 Like

The system closes it

If the topic that reaches 10 000 posts is an official topic, a continuation must be done

2 Likes

As far as I know, they don’t

2 Likes

Ok thanks :ok_hand:

2 Likes

No problem!

If you ever need help with anything idk u may tag me

1 Like

Nope we don’t

3 Likes

Ok, but do regulars have it?

2 Likes

I believe they do but I’m pretty sure the post limit only applies to topics in the Community category

3 Likes

Ok, thanks

2 Likes