:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

That’s a good idea, and we actually do do that a lot

7 Likes

i don’t think dehumanization is just depriving something of positive human qualities

what i’m getting at is the fact that i think that the greetings we give shouldn’t all be this assembly line esque factory perfect response

i think we should really try :)) so i’m gonna try harder to give each user a friendly and unique response/welcome/whatever

5 Likes

wdym? on everyone or on the leaders?

cause that’s not what i’m saying

i’m saying that (like you said) it’s been made standard

4 Likes

And I agree with that, although I still don’t see exactly how it’s dehumanizing, and actual elaboration on that would be appreciated

Here’s the dictionary definition, if that’s something you wanna go off of:

de·hu·man·ize
/dēˈ(h)yo͞oməˌnīz/
verb
deprive of positive human qualities.

7 Likes

Ok because I think I misinterpreted that.

6 Likes

hmmm

dehumanizing is definitely extreme

i’m just not sure the word for it

4 Likes

yeah i’m definitely not trying to blame any one group of people or everyone

3 Likes

It is definitely extreme, and that’s why I’ve been trying to get an actual example (at least one) or a solid connection.

I’ve been seeing this word be thrown around a lot, and because it’s so extreme and has been used in the contexts of genocides and other unspeakable acts, I want to know exactly why it’s being applied here. And if it’s true that this is actually happening (we need proof and examples) , then we can work towards fixing it and making it a priority.

6 Likes

what exactly do you want examples of? because i don’t think dehumanizing is the right word here, so u can’t give examples

i could give you examples of the- gosh darn it- uhhh- what we’ve been calling dehumanizing responses

3 Likes

Would “unindividualized” be a better word?

5 Likes

YES!!!

thank you!

4 Likes

Why don’t we try to find the right word here first, then we can go from there.

That was more an explaination of why I’ve been asking yall for examples of dehumanizing (not the other word) and having this conversation about that word in particular

5 Likes

unindividualized is definitely the word i was thinking of

2 Likes

Alight, now that we have the word, let’s find examples.
Not just in the context of new users, but also at other times.

When has the forum unindividualized people?

(@ref?)

6 Likes

Yes, we do, well I can’t say we.

2 Likes

How so? Do you have specific examples or instances from some time recently?

5 Likes

Y e s Aww a space isn’t a character
Example: (new user) Hello, I’m new! Can I have a link to a topic where I talk about coding?
Everyone else: (Ignores)

Some will give a link to YCTAYHCH but most ignore. I try and talk to them

4 Likes

Could you link or quote a specific post or conversation?

6 Likes

I’ll look for it

1 Like

Most don’t look at the topic or don’t have it on watching. I have it set to watching so I get system notifications through my phone, and when a new user needs help, I do my best with what I can

8 Likes