:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

hm

like we’re not exactly looking to be friends or something, just, idk, stiff colleagues

like the replies sometimes feel kind of forced

6 Likes

To be honest, I don’t follow with myself totally either lol

6 Likes

YES

4 Likes

idk WHY it took me so long to type what i was thinking but i finally got it smh

4 Likes

Ahh that I can get.

Why do you think this is? Do you think the welcome team will help with this? Any other solutions?

6 Likes

i definitely think the welcome team will help

and the reason? i think, sometimes, we just feel like we need to welcome someone but we’re not sure exactly what to say

so we give this basic, awkward response of “welcome to the forum, i’m ref! @ me if you need help!” which i know might sound fine, but it’s just what we’ve always done for everyone, like they’re not a unique person

6 Likes

dystopia element found: dehumanize

3 Likes

Seems like a bit of a stretch on that but I do kinda follow.

Elaborate?

6 Likes

Like, no person gets a really unique welcome I guess?

4 Likes

Is that really dehumanizations tho?

I’m not shading at it or whatever, please don’t get me wrong.

I’m just curious as to how exactly it fits the bill

Apologies if it sounds like I’m grilling you or something lol, definitely not the intent

6 Likes

it’s like our responses have no personality or qualities, they’re all the same

4 Likes

Extreme form

Maybe shallow or aloof?

1 Like

Almost robotic

2 Likes

Like what ref said
It’s only very shallow dehumanization

3 Likes

yes! almost as if we’ve all been sort of programmed to give the message and nothing else

now i feel bad lol imma try harder

3 Likes

Maybe we should try to find the user’s projects and compliment them or something?

5 Likes

Not having unique messages at all times doesn’t necessarily “deprive of positive human qualities” tho.

You’re not really taking away their uniqueness, just giving a somewhat standard reply

8 Likes

that’s a good idea

i still have my giant forum welcome thing saved that says a bunch of stuff about myself, basic forum rules, etc etc

3 Likes

Or find something they’re interested in f or the main topic and talk to them about it

3 Likes

That’s not really on us tho, is it?

6 Likes