:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

by that rule, technically those under 13 aren’t allowed to be on the HSF period, or until they’re 13 due to COPPA restrictionz, and if a company ( in this case HS ) is found not following those guidelinez, HS could get in some serious trouble with COPPA + quite possibly the law if itz that bad, which in my opinion is a possible reality for the state that the HSF is in with their age restrictionz.
ive tried bringing this topic up once before, but idk if HS cares because im pretty sure it got brushed off very quickly and that it uh, didn’t matter that much or something ?? like ok, go against the COPPA laws ig

6 Likes

hey there! if you find any issues with the forum - you can email tht or perhaps make a post here?

9 Likes

So basically you’re saying that we can talk about religious content if it is strictly related to the realm of code, is appropriate for children of all ages, and doesn’t invalidate people?

Completely agree with that btw, I just want to clarify and make sure everyone’s on the same page.

7 Likes

How close am I to leader? @Pumpkin (or any other mod)

3 Likes

I mean not leader, Member lol

4 Likes

unfortunately we can’t check specifics for member - though I can direct you to this post!

6 Likes

You forgot that almost everything in COPPA can be bypassed through verifiable parental consent

9 Likes

Pretty much.

3 Likes

@Serenity why won’t you guys ban me bc i know albus irl? And we also talk to each oTHER

1 Like

is this helpful?

9 Likes

Oh but i talk to him on zoom sometimes.

1 Like

the post means sharing ways to communicate elsewhere on this forum

5 Likes

Isn’t YouTu.be a way of communicating?

1 Like

as long as you don’t share those zoom or youtube links here, there’s no problem with talking to your irl friends online. but sharing links to your personal spaces here makes them public, where anyone (including not-friends and not-forum-users) can access them and cause you harm. this is why sharing the link to an unmoderated personal livestream is dangerous.

8 Likes

But there is a whole topic for sharing things called videos created by hopscotchers.

Srry for wasting your time.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure the channel is moderated and comments have to be turned off

5 Likes

But i could comment

2 Likes

Is there any way I can purchase images for a project using seeds? I don’t want to get the sub.

4 Likes

I think so? I’m pretty sure you just make the image and it asks you to purchase seeds or get the sub

1 Like

Wait it works now lol. Nvm

4 Likes