:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

(@Pumpkin when you come on maybe portal to Q&A?)

5 Likes

lol i made a topic but someone told me that I should just put it into the Leaders Q and Topic so yeah.

Thought process : Whenever I see some BEAST projects, I wonder how come they didn’t get featured! A bunch of them usually take time and effort , and I usually wonder, how do they even get to the feature system. What is the process for it? Also, I am pretty sure that there are TWO curators, and they don’t have enough eyes to see every project that is made! I know that there is a topic in HSF for this ( Nominate Your Project! ) but not everyone is on the HSF.

What can we do? : I feel like there should be a section on Hopscotch, where you can submit projects that you want to see in the featured sections. Maybe there could be a button, in which you could click, Submit Project for Featured, but I don’t know. I feel like it may be a little necessary, since I didn’t know how to get a project to featured, until I saw the topic for it.

Why do we need this? How do you know it isn’t pointless? : Like I said, many people work for days on a project, and they wish it would be a little more recognized, but they then realize that it wouldn’t get recognized, and they get mad, and delete the project ( My experience ), and i wish that this doesn’t happen to anyone else.

I say that we should add this to Hopscotch, but I don’t know. Its not up to me. But please take this into consideration, and reply down below anything you feel like should be changed, or if you disagree, and tell me why!

-Albus

8 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: You Can Talk About Your Hopscotch Coding Here 14 [OFFICIAL]

I think it deserves its own topic! The leaders can’t decide on this, it’s up to Ana and THT. But great idea and thank you for sharing it!

4 Likes

Your welcome!

2 Likes

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/you-can-talk-about-your-hopscotch-coding-here-14-official/55402/8264?u=william04gamera

You become a Regular by being an active member on the forum and fulfilling certain requirements. When you have fulfilled those (they are related to your activity level on the forum), you will automatically earn regular within a few days. The requirements are here:

To become a leader, you have to apply for it. THT creates a topic or informs the community in another way when they are looking for new leaders (they aren’t currently actively doing that, but the opportunity can come up on the future). There are usually a couple of questions to answer initially, and then THT will pick people that they will further interview, and then some of them become leaders.

5 Likes

is it ok to make a topic for beta testing on one specific game even though I already have a beta testing topic? some beta testers for the specific game are different than the ones in my current testing topic, but I’d be fine letting them in if you’d rather have me not make a new topic

5 Likes

I think it’s fine- as long as you can totally focus on two at once:))

9 Likes

Hey leads — I’m just curious if it’s okay that my profile header’s what it is? It shows a little of my room, but mostly wall and a window

4 Likes

It’s fine no one is going to kidnap u based on ur window

1 Like

I’m not worried about that. I just don’t want to be breaking any forum rules.

2 Likes

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/general-questions-concerns-and-compliments-topic/50506/2695?u=william04gamera
I apologize if it isn’t clear. I have seen it been applied before, and it’s pretty easy to figure it out yourself. You don’t want to feel like you are being “called out” or want people discussing an incident that has been settled or belongs to the past (and this topic is centered around you), right?

6 Likes

I’m fine with it honestly

4 Likes

Well, not all are, and that’s why we do this. You were talking about another user.

3 Likes

Ok but like when someone is tracing art can you guys either remove the image or put a disclaimer that they traced it?
I’m saying like just in general

4 Likes

I don’t want to break that rule again but that person’s art is still up.
Tracing art isn’t nice

4 Likes

I have watching on like 20 topics so I agree

1 Like

omg new user hey

1 Like

All of their traced art is still up.

2 Likes

By new user you mean 41 days visited user right?

1 Like