:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

Let’s give it more time.

It probably just looks like that now with few voters.

2 Likes

Well yes, but if it stays like that then uh oh

2 Likes

I will definitely. I love comps and I try to do as many as I can and I will definitely participate this year.

3 Likes

I plan on participating, but Nobody and I won’t be on for two weeks during the summer, assuming all this social distancing stuff isn’t necessary anymore by then.

8 Likes

I may/may not depending on if I feel like it:p

4 Likes

hello there @omtl!

We, the lead team, have been noticing a little seperation between tier/trust levels- so I just wanted to write a post to make perfectly clear a few things:)

Raising in trust level is an impressive achievement- it shows your hard work and dedication- but it does not make you any better or superior to anyone else.

We are all equal coders, artists, creators and people on the forum- nothing can change this!

With every raise in trust level you gain a couple extra abilities- however you must always ask permission before you change anything about someone else’s topic- like changing titles or tags.

Gentle reminders to follow guidelines are a wonderful way to help the community!
however leaders and moderators are here for a reason- so don’t take large matters into your own hands and instead tag us leaders to help.

Lastly be kind to each other- no title or abilities should ever lead you to treat anyone less than anyone else.

^just some food for thought for you all- a little consideration and kindness can be far more impressive as any badge/level/title:)

17 Likes

Yum, that’s good food for thought

6 Likes

Delicious food for thought

7 Likes

I’d love to be able to do something for summer comp but i probably won’t be able to join because I will have to return my school ipad thing (which is the only apple device thing i have) before the start

With that being said though, I hope everyone enjoys their summer and the hs summer comp!

8 Likes

Ah I see

Thanks for telling us and thanks

11 Likes

Just a question about asking a lead to edit an old post.

If we ask you to remove something from our post, do you add the leader message or just see that it’s been linked / per request?

Or is it [edited by leader // per request]?

6 Likes

It depends I guess.

If it’s a small typo in the yctayhch or something, I usually just don’t bother adding in an edit reason, especially if the user said something like
“Oh oops. I meant “can not” not “carrot”. Could someone fix?” Or “there’s not supposed to be an ?? at the end, please delete it” – then I just edit and reply “done” or whatever.

If it’s fixing a link, in the edit reason box, it’s usually just “link” or “fixed link”. Same with pics in DHT portfolios.

If it’s something bigger and more noticeable, persay, like an op edit or we take out something else cuz it ,ay break a guideline or be borderline, we usually leave a message in either <> or in the edit reason.

Hope that helped?

11 Likes

Ok, cause there’s a few old posts that I want to take a link out of, and when I did those previously, I just added in the edit reason “Removed CoF” or something like that.]

Do you think you could do it as an edit reason, like “Removed CoF per request” or something like that?

9 Likes

of course! just link the posts here and whoever’s on will get to them.

12 Likes

But if they have CoF, try to do it where people won’t look, like in the cliving topic.

11 Likes

Same :cry:.

5 Likes

I have a question: after someone’s nominated their/or another persons project, what happens from there? Do they have to get it certain number of people agreeing? And who decides which channel it’s for?
Thx

7 Likes

I think you should ask @hopscotch-curators.
They’re the ones who feature/curate stuff.

3 Likes

(Last posted September 2019)

4 Likes

@hopscotch-curators

4 Likes