:Hopscotch: Leaders Q and A Topic 1

Hey there,

Yes - I’ve received your email. I will send you a PM.

9 Likes

@FearlessPhoenix edit history (:
link in next edit history

(edit: argh ignore my typo pls)

1 Like

link in edit history (check the deleted post which should be after the one in the link)

2 Likes

Could one of the leader please fix my grammar in this

Should be (without the bold of the 2 changes):
While the texts simply read it. Note: This takes two rules so the code in each happens every frame.

7 Likes

@Yuanyuan @t1_hopscotch The overly restrictive forum edit time limitation is a big part of the reason I quit using HS for a while. Encouraging and helping hops learn is one of the reasons I keep using HS, but not being able to make grammatical and especially technical corrections to posts is crazy frustrating. When discussing a technical subject, grammatical errors detract from quality of the message making the post potentially more difficult to understand than it should be. And uncorrectable technical errors simply aren’t acceptable.

Every time I have to ask a leader to make corrections because I’m not allowed to, my time is wasted and my blood pressure sky rockets.

THT should be facilitating community communication, not making it so frustrating. Please, please find a way to resolve this.

10 Likes

@Leaders I need another correction. My example had an error in it. Please replace the image here:

With this image:

Thank you

8 Likes

can I request my account to be anoned? Thinking about it

5 Likes

Thanks for raising this, and I can understand your frustration. We’re discussing this and will get back to you.

11 Likes

yes, you can make that request. just be sure about it because we cant easily undo that (if at all)

10 Likes

Agreed! I think the edit time should be raised for the most trusted users (ie. regulars). Writing big posts and keeping them relevant is a challenge with five minutes of edit time to spare.

16 Likes

@ana can I have my forum username changed to _z please?

7 Likes

ana retired you can ask any other person that is a mod like fearless_phoenix

6 Likes

welcome back! unfortunately, ana left tht, but @/yuanyuan is the new community manager

as a mod, i can change your name for you but all usernames have to be atleast 3 characters, so “_z” wouldn’t be possible. lmk if youd like a different name tho

and feel free to tag me if you need anything :))

10 Likes

@FearlessPhoenix well I think __z would be good

7 Likes

just tried that but unfortunately that wont work either. heres the error i get:

“Username must not contain a sequence of 2 or more special chars (.-_)”

9 Likes

I’m not FearlessPhoenix, but I assume it’s much less about location than finding a participant list, which while on its own can’t identify you, leaves traces about who you are

9 Likes

kk, deleted

6 Likes

Removed critical bug discussion

I can’t do much right now because I’m not at a computer (Wi-Fi’s dead) but I’ll have to see which topics are broken still

8 Likes

(i think we deleted every posts that break topics)

5 Likes