Leader and Moderator Q&A

Hey guys! I thought it would be fun to host a little staff Q&A for you guys. Basically, you can ask me, @Kiwicute2016, @Anonymous, @PopTart0219, @Gilbert189, @Mathgirl, @Intellection74, @SmilingSnowflakes, and @DestroyASnowman (And any other staff but they might not get back to you as quickly) any questions you want!

They can be about the forum, Hopscotch, or just personal questions (In the sense of something like "What kind of pizza do you like". Obviously no giving away personal information :stuck_out_tongue:)

Also, check if your question has already been answered so it will be more convenient for us!

So... ask away! :smiley:

What kind of pizza do you like?
How does it feel to fight the bot?
Potato or Waffle?
What project do you like the most that you made?
Rainbows or Star?
Coding or coding? XD

Random questions in my head :P

Ps this is for any leader and mod

@BuildASnowman, how did you figure out the MIDI to Hopscotch trick?

1. I'm a margarita pizza man myself.
  2. It's hard work, but it pays off when you finally see that lock disappear :smiley:
  3. Pancake.
  4. My torrent etude, that got featured + a video by THT made about it :smiley:
  5. Neutron stars
  6. cOding.

What kind of pizza do you like? Dominos Cheese with half sausage. I'm very specific
How does it feel to fight the bot? Tough. He's very stubborn and we have a love hate relationship
Potato or Waffle? Waffles. Forever
What project do you like the most that you made? My fruit ninja that is stuck in the filter, but you can play it with a link soon
Rainbows or Star? Star. They are really interesting, and I love space
Coding or coding? XD Coding

Link: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/xuw7z4rt2

It's an interesting story. So, I like looking at the source code for webpages, and I was curious about the Hopscotch web player's source code. I looked at it and I saw my very first Hopscotch json, and it was editable! :smiley: But, the changes weren't permanent. I could edit it but when I refreshed it would be gone. Then, oio posted something about showing THT a json for one of his unpublished projects. I was curious so I started conversing with oio about how he was able to extract the json from an unpublished project. He told me about the way to copy the jsons on to your computer and ipad, and said that I had showed interest in making Hopscotch projects using code and this was how I could do it. So, over the course of a week I studied the makeup of Hopscotch jsons and found a way to insert start sound blocks into the jsons. Then, I made a program that took a midi file, converted it to the right range and note names, and then printed out a ready made json for me to plug into Hopscotch. And it worked! :smiley:

Wow! That's awesome! :smiley:

Here's a like! :heart:

How cool is it to change the @system to mad bot
Favorite coding skill
Favorite poem
Can you put regular next to my name

WAIT: do drums work if you move it from MIDI form?

You love the bot?
I like dominos to

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well my program doesn't have support for drums but I could add it very easily if I needed it. Any thing in particular you are thinking of?

Do all leaders and mods know who @Follow4LikesOfficial is?
@Follow4LikesOfficial will you give me a small hint about who you are? (It's totally fine if you don't want to I totally understand!)
How exited were you all when you got promoted?! (I would be like AHAHAHAYAYAYAYAYHAHAHAYAYAY!)

GarageBand support! :smile:

Yes. We do know who he is but no hints! We made a blood promise!!

@Kiwicute2016 does

1. Oh yeah, I set his title to that awhile ago, I forgot about that xD
  2. Genetic Algorithms. They are so powerful and so useful.
  3. "The Charge of the Light Brigade" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson. Very powerful
  4. I believe you can do that in your preferences.

yes...

It feels pretty cool :slight_smile: I love it that I've made so many people be inspired and love my projects. It feels awesome

Lucky!
Question for kiwicute: how do you check IP addres.sess? Can only mods do that?