Last Parameter Value in operator block is reset after Copy & Paste

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: Crosbyman64

What browser are you using? Please paste your User Agent here: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Safari/605.1.15

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I went to copy an operator block with multiple parameters, but when I went to paste it, the last parameter was reset to default

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Add a block and place an operator of any kind (math, text, equality)
  2. Change the parameters
  3. Copy the operator block
  4. Paste it

I expected this to happen: Retain the values from the source it was copied from

But instead this happened: The last parameter value was reset to default

Here’s a sweet screenshot:
BEFORE:

AFTER: (I took a screenshot right after I pasted the operator block)

4 Likes

This once happened to me on the app, but that was when I still had good old player 1.5!

1 Like

Oh wow!

I did find two other bugs (project doesn’t save with the updated contents if it contains custom methods (from what I saw when creating my project), and the “new block” dotted-lined area is treated like an actual block in terms of positioning blocks of code, which I found hilarious).

I’ll let someone else report these two bugs. These should be easy to reproduce.

4 Likes

Related Issue: pasting an operator block does NOT replace the old operator block as expected, but instead adds it like it was added via the code keyboard.

3 Likes

This has the same cause as far as I’m aware

I noticed too, that’s pretty funny. Seems like it doesn’t change the project though

2 Likes