Language Translation Blocks

A cool feature I would like to see in hopscotch is a language translation block. Let’s say you have a game and want it in Spanish, so you can put when change language to Spanish is tapped, change language Spanish. This might not be put to use a lot but it would be really cool if HS has this.

12 Likes

Interesting feature. I definitely see how it could be used, but it most likely would make Hopscotch either require internet access for drafts or the app size to increase dramatically due to the languages.

7 Likes

Cool great idea (second post!)

4 Likes

We could add a few only, like Spanish, French Chinese, the popular ones

4 Likes

this would be cool

I’d imagine only a few languages would be available though

5 Likes

Yes what I was thinking

3 Likes

but Hopscotch only supports English, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese

7 Likes

No what I mean is text. Let’s say a word in English is “what is your name? Then in a text you want, you could put, when self is tapped, change language Spanish, so when that object is tapped it turns into, como te lamas?

6 Likes

what arcade grounds means is that hopscotch literally only has support for English, Spanish, and simplified Chinese

6 Likes

Yep, that’s what a translator would do.
Also, it’s «como te llamas».

4 Likes

Or we can do those languages.

3 Likes

My favorite language

7 Likes

iOS has on-device translation now

Interesting idea. What if also instead of a block it is a project or object setting?

3 Likes

Cool idea!
(i really mean it)

2 Likes

Oooh, I really like this idea!

2 Likes

That would mean projects with this block would be incompatible with older iOS versions though.

2 Likes

Ah, true. In that case, you’d require Internet for those drafts or get the option to not play it with translations. It’d still work, just not nearly s seamlessly.

4 Likes

Or they could make their own translation thing instead of getting it from the web or whatever

3 Likes

That would cost storage tho ):

2 Likes

Yeah.
This is great idea but really complex.

2 Likes