Kick off your summer with Hopscotch!

Have you tested it with projects which need to go through moderation? My project has images wasn’t on the tab at least a few days after I published it.

9 Likes

Hey @Petrichor
Good point - It should work with projects that go through moderation, though might be glitchy. I will double check.

11 Likes

1 more day left:)!

4 Likes

Hello! I have a question @Yuanyuan!

5 Likes

heya! whats your question?

im not yuanyuan but im one of the other people hosting this comp so maybe i can help you out :))

6 Likes

Oh, hi! Thank you so much @FearlessPhoenix for trying to help! It’s not exactly much of a question, but on our last competition, the #SpaceAdventure one, I noticed my friend got about, like, 100 mushrooms on his project. It’s kind of unfair because he planted himself. He made new accounts and used the five free seeds to plant himself. What was even more unfair (sorry if I sound really mad or something, I’m not) is that his project was just an emoji. He simply just made a background. I guess I should email the Hopscotch Team for this.

8 Likes

no problem, always happy to help.

i understand the concerns about self planting and everyone at The Hopscotch Team does too. Yuanyuan has actually addressed these concerns here: Regarding Concerns about Self-Planting. Id suggest that you read through that topic, especially this section here that’s relevant to the situation you mentioned:

I hope her explanation made sense! feel free to tag me if youve got any more questions :))

6 Likes

If the project is only an emoji, they wasted their time! Because those projects wont be nominated for any prizes

Since it didn’t go by the comp’s rules!

5 Likes

heheh I think

4 Likes

So I have 2 questions 1 my real account I made my #summer21 it is still locked and also is it ok it trail art counts?

5 Likes

Yeah I saw he didn’t even code

5 Likes

I think it is beacause you put what it is then #summer21 thats what I did and it worked

5 Likes

They actually won 100 seeds…

3 Likes

that’s alright.
we know there’s an issue but there’s really nothing to be done about the unfairness and the officially judged prizes even it out.

i dont think there’s really much more to say about the issue so let’s move on. feel free to email yuanyuan at yuanyuan@gethopscotch.com if youd like to but i don’t think you’ll get a very different reply from her; it’ll likely just echo the topic i shared with you regarding this

6 Likes

ohh uhh…

Hmm that wont work for the summer comp though!

5 Likes

Than you very much. And I just wanted to say that you code very well, too!

5 Likes

no problem, happy to help
and thank you :)) appreciate it

6 Likes

Today was the last day of Summer21 who are the winners? I have to say congratulations ppl that won.

4 Likes

lol we dont know yet. we’ll start judging soon and will keep yall updated on result progress

6 Likes

Okay thank you:)

4 Likes