Kia Ora I’m Aroha, & this is my gt

Kia ora I’m Aroha and I really want to get into coding a bit more, I have had the app for school but I have never published anything.

Edited: @DFM why do some of my posts need approval by moderates

Hey how u doing I may be the worst person to talk too because I not on regular please ask me maybe if you want help or any basic stuff

Hello @Aroha! I’m DMF, the community president (for now)
Welcome to the forum!
Here you can discuss anything Hopscotch-related (preferably). To tag someone, just type “@” and then the name of a user you want to tag.
Here’s an official topic of the Hopscotch Forum guidelines:

By the way, your posts need to be Hopscotch-related. Remember this when you’re posting!
When you create new topics, feel free to tag @OMTL, but make sure not to use it too often.
If you need help with the forum, feel free to tag me, our vice (@sophia71205) or these users:
@Panthera
@yaygirls
@HopscotchRemixer
@lollypopcorn
Have fun!

Hello! I’m @Jojo, just to clear any confusion, I have an alternative account called @JojoDude. Welcome to the Forum, here’s a breakdown of the main stuff you want to know:

What is Hopscotch?

Hopscotch is a programming language developed by Hopscotch Technologies (THT), designed to allow beginner programmers to code simple projects like games and art! It’s simple and allows its users to drag and drop blocks to create code that can be played when the “play” button is pressed. It is called Hopscotch, because like the street game, you have to make it before you can play it!

You can code games, art and share them with your friends, family and the WHOLE Hopscotch community! You can even play other people’s projects to see what they made! It’s a great way to start learning to code some pretty great things and I can’t wait to see what you make!

I’m sure you already knew most of this from your school experiences.

Hopscotch Forum Language:

Bot: System
Chakin: Chicken
Gices: Gives
Fren: Friend
Frenpai = senpai and fren combined
Senpai= Inspiration/Person you look up to
Smol: Small
HF=Hopscotch Forum
THT= The Hopscotch Team
Thicks: Thank you
Hopscotchify: To hopscotchify is to make something that already exists in Hopscotch. For example, a game or some pixel art
Nip: No problem
And we like to use xD a lot

Trust Levels on The Hopscotch Forum:

@trust_level_0: The rank that you start with (what you have now)
@trust_level_1: Basic, it takes less than a day to achieve and you’ll get it in no time.
@trust_level_2: Member! Be active for a few days-weeks and you should be able to achieve this rank. You get some more replies and some more likes because liking other people’s posts is fun!
@trust_level_3: Regular! You need to be on for 50 days in less than 100 days, and read 20000 posts! Regular goes to good people who don’t get into arguments so try not to get involved if someone else gets into one, you could get flagged or suspended which will lower your chances of getting regular.
@trust_level_4: Only the Hopscotch Team can get this! It gives them moderation privledges so they can look after everyone.

Help!

There are a lot of places where you can get help from! Try checking out other new people’s topics, there could be some helpful info on there! You can also try looking at topics teaching you new things, like my topic:

You can also tag a whole bunch of people by using the Official Mass Tag List… or the OMTL for short.

To use the OMTL, tag as you normally would with an “@“ and then write OMTL.

Add yourself to it if you like but don’t abuse it or people will get really mad!

Tag me if you ever need any help!

Just tag me by putting “@” before my name “Jojo” (like this: @Jojo) and I’ll get a Notification saying that you need my help! I’ll come over as soon as possible to help you!

Epilogue:

Well, that’s all! Thanks for reading everything! Good luck and I hope you have a great time on the Forum and using Hopscotch.

Welcome to the forum @Aroha! Our friendly members already contributed to this topic by posting some really good tutorials that you should check out for sure! If you ever need any help, feel free to tag me by typing @William04GamerA in a post. I am visiting the forum and Hopscotch every day so I’ll be able to help you :slight_smile:

Hey there! I’m yaygirls! If you need any help, tag me like this: @yaygirls.

Hi @Aroha! I’m Kitkat26! Welcome to the Forum! If you ever need anything, just put an @ sign in front of my name, like this: @Kitkat26.

Do you have a Hopscotch account? If so, what is the name?

Hi @Aroha welcome to the forum, the others have kinda showed you what you need to know. If you need my help just tag @WinningMonkey.
Also it’s cool to have another kiwi on the forum🇳🇿

do “@discobot start new user” for a tutorial if u havent taken it already @Aroha

escue meh i can help too dmf

lol u dont have ro be president xd

Welcome @Aroha! You wont know me but tag me if you want help!

Wow thanks guys you are all so helpful I hope I can learn lots while I’m here about coding and the forum

My Hopscotch name is Aroha💙 but I haven’t published anything yet I have had my account though from December 2015 for school

I’ve done the disco bot tutorial it was the first thing I had to do

You guys seem so helpful and I hope we can all me friends!

Lol, of course! Just those people decided to be in helping new users team.

Why do my posts have to be checked @DMF

Moderators (The Hopscotch Team) need to see that you aren’t a spam/bullyin.g/etc. account!

Okiedokie thanks for your help

I don’t think they need to be checked now :star_struck:

No problem!

Your kiwi too😮
How many other kiwis are on the forum?

There are a few, I’m not sure of a exact number but there is @AHappyCoder who was the first kiwi I meet and one of my favourite hopscotchers. I hope you can meet him too