Keyboard won't appear when trying to edit the name in publish window

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: Crosbyman64

What browser are you using? Please paste your User Agent here: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6.1 Safari/605.1.15

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was coding a project on the web, but I had trouble with publishing it

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Code something on the web explorer
  2. Tap publish project
  3. Try to edit the name of the project
    …

I expected this to happen: to be able to edit the name and confirm publish

But instead this happened: absolutely nothing (keyboard won’t appear when tapping the name)

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

Video because screenshots are impossible to show the issue of this type…
[redacted due to possible PI] ~ this is what I get for forgetting to close my tabs.

It’s hard to see, but I was tapping on the project name.

7 Likes

I have the same problem on my phone (haven’t tested it in pc)

4 Likes

Hmm… seems to me like this is an issue for all mobile devices… :thinking:

5 Likes

indeed - tested on safari and chrome, both doesnt work

chrome generally requests a mobile website, which safari doesn’t, and even with that i couldn’t edit the title. however you’re able to cut/copy/paste tho, which suggests web editor is simply not requesting a keyboard popup

5 Likes

Interesting. Might be a support issue…

The current workaround to this is to Save and Exit, then publish your project via the Hopscotch app.

2 Likes

What i do is type in the browser and paste

1 Like

Temporary workaround: move the screenshot so that the input box is in the black (or white) bars of the player. When the text box is outside of the player canvas, you’ll be able to rename the project.

2 Likes

how come you use blockquotes in many messages? what do they mean?

1 Like

The text box automatically repositions itself when I move the box around. It appears either above or below the thumbnail area depending on its position.

And it always remains inside the canvas area no matter how hard I try.

2 Likes

Ah maybe cause the stage size is exactly that of your iPad – the copy + paste also works

1 Like

this should be fixed now

1 Like

I can confirm this has been resolved. Same with the cancel and confirm buttons.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.