Kaila’s Guide to Advanced Trail Art!

Kaila’s Guide to Advanced Trail Art !

To start I wouldn’t call myself the best at trail art, (I’ll leave that to @William04GamerA :wink:) But I can show you how to use variables to make awesome trail arts !

variables!
Variables are something people don’t use very often in trail art but variables has a lot of potential in trail art ! So let’s get started !
what can I use variables for ?
There are actually many ways you can use variables! For example my avocado trail art is a great example of how to use variables - let me explain - If you look into the body part of the avocado you’ll see how I used a variable, If this makes sense I used a repeat block and an increase block to increase a variable, or lower a variable so, inside the repeat block I did the make a trail block, and you can do it any color of your desire and for the width you can put your variable that you increased or decreased inside, you can do move a move forward block - this will make your character move forward while changing the width of the trail ! And to finally top of the code decrease the variable by half the number you increased it by. And because I’m pretty bad at explaining here is an example of code

When game starts 
 Repeat: 20 times
 Increase: Random variable By : 10
Draw a trail Color : blue - Width: Random variable 
 Move forward: 5
  End
Increase : Random variable By : -5
End
End

Make sure to experiment more with variables and how you use them in trail art ! Thanks for reading !

How was the lesson ?

0 voters

@omtl

14 Likes

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!
I will use this method for my trail arts :)))))))

7 Likes

So cool Kaila!

5 Likes

This always reminds me of PumpkinGirl…

3 Likes

Well done :)

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Wow—great tutorial. It made a nice little raindrop.

2 Likes

Yup! I knew that some people would need some trail art tricks for the weekly challenge:))

2 Likes

Thanks! :blush:

Great tutorial! Variables are really useful to include in trail art, indeed. I use them often!

3 Likes

I’ll be sure to sneak it into some of my projects.

1 Like

Lol, thanks !

1 Like

No problem :wink:

1 Like