I've been on Hopscotch a year!

I don't make many topics (at all lol) so this is obviously a big deal for me XD :D

It's been a year since I joined Hopscotch! :D

I've learned SO MUCH with Hopscotch!

Now, when I download a new app, I think of the code behind it. Before, Angry Birds was 'boring' because it doesn't look as complex as my brother's Xbox games. But I now realize Angry Birds, and programs I thought were simple before, aren't really as simple as I thought XD

I've learned that graphics, gameplay, design, - pretty much everything can be a real challenge. Every line, or block, takes time, thought, and a whole lot of experimentation- things I hadn't really considered before. My project "Doodle Jump" doesn't look very close to the actual app, and it took me over a month. And Hopscotch is drag and drop blocks. Imagine how hard Minecraft was to code with Java. *shudders* XD

And so I'm proud of myself not for the projects I've made, the who knows how many likes I've received, and many remixes- I've done something I hadn't initially intended to do- learn. :)

My friend and I downloaded Hopscotch because we wanted to make a game, not because we wanted to learn how to code. I made that game, and had fun while at it! I hadn't know how to use variables or many other blocks at the time, so it's super simple. XD But I learned so much just from making that first project. This past year, I've learned so much about coding, more than you'd expect from a block coding app.

My friends don't code at all, and I don't think they appreciate technology nearly as much as I do. But truly, Hopscotch has taught me that you really have to be grateful for pretty much anything and everything on your devices. Because a good program takes time and energy and lots of creativity. Hopscotch has taught me that. :)

And OH MY GOSH! I've accomplished things I'd only dreamed of when I first joined! :D

I was amazed by the complexity of the featured projects when I first joined. I think "Cube Blast" and "Pop the Lock" were featured at the time. They looked so professional, and I was really inspired. Kids had made these?? Using block coding??

I truly never thought I'd get featured! I really doubted it for a long time. :0000

Special thanks to @SmilingSnowflakes for being the first to welcome me to the forum and for nominating my first feature ;u; :D

I was featured four times at the beginning of this year, something I thought would never happen! Thanks to everyone who has supported me, nominated me, and liked my projects. <3

AND THEN DJSKDKDJSJSKSK I GOT ON GAME CHANGERS
TWICE!1!1!

I screamed
And teared up ;u;

It was like Christmas
Except in the spring
And 1000000x better :)

Despite my initial doubt, I've gotten featured four times, gotten on Rising once, and have two Game Changers. I've been followed by some of the most amazing Hopscotchers out there, like BAS, Valgo, t1, SmilingSnowflakes, Creative Coder, Maltese, Gilbert189, and too many more to list. Thank you to everyone who has supported me, it really means a lot. :)

I had never expected any of this to happen. :) ;u;

So much has happened in the past year! I've learned so much, and I now want to be a programmer when I'm older. Before, I thought coding could only be that tedious, boring job that you use to make charts and stuff. Yeah, sometimes it is that XD, but Hopscotch has taught me that coding can also be fun. :)

I don't really know what this topic is XD

But thanks so much to everyone who made my year on Hopscotch awesome, and thanks so much, THT. Hopscotch is truly amazing, and to be honest, it's changed my life. :)

Congratulations! That was a long speech... XD
First reply! XD
I ran outta likes so here's one :heart:️!

Congratulations banana dog!!

Good job, Banny. You've done so many awesome things here, it's truly amazing.

CONGRATULATIONS SENPAI BANNY!

y u doubt ur features ur amazing that should have been a given that u were going to get all ur acomplishments!
CONGRATS!!!

Happy birthday-anniversary thing! Your speech only took me 15 mins to read XD

:laughing::laughing::laughing:CONGRAT BANANADOGE!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

@minioncandy @PenguinGaming713 thanks so much!

@CreativeCoder thank you so much! That really means a lot ;u;

@smishsmash thank you so much smishy!1!!1 That means a ton :D ;u;

@happyfacegirl thank you! I was going to make it longer...XD

@StarryDream thank you!!!!!

Your welcome senpai bannnnnnyyy!

that was a long speech

anyways good job on that

YOU ARE DA POWERFUL BANANADOGE​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink::+1:

thank you poptart :D

@StarryDream thank you again XD :D

Congratulations! Thank you so much for all you've contributed to Hopscotch and the forums, Bananadog. I don't know where we would be without you!

Aw, thank you so much, Inty! That seriously means a lot. ;u; :)

Congratations, Banny!!! ^^

You've done so much to help the community, and you're such a great person overall. Thanks a lot for all you've done. You've inspired me completely from the start! XD

Thank you so much Maltese! That means a ton! ;u; :D

Your welcome!!!

THANK YOU BANNY ;u;

CONGRATULATIONS!!!1!1!1!1!1! Hepy anniversary! YEY! :D

YOU ARE AWESOME POTATO FREN

AYEEEEEEE

BANNY! :D

CONGRATS BRUH

THATS AMAZE :0

@SmilingSnowflakes @pingu THANKS SO MUCH POTATO FRENS ;u;
That means so much ;u;