It's called Christmas.. An unofficial Christmas Contest (HCC 🎄 )

yay!
christmas
competition
community
countdowntochristmas

It’s that time of year again!

Christmas is upon us, which means it is time for another Christmas Competition! This time I am starting on Black Friday so you will have plenty of time to code you project. The stakes are going to be high. Christmas is a great motivation to code, there are ideas all around us. So let’s get moving!

Rules

1. Follow all the community guidelines
  2. Use common sense
  3. Deadline is December 22, 2018 8:00 PM

How it works

1. Create a project with the theme of Christmas
  2. post your project on this topic
  3. Hope you win

How the judges will judge your projects (Trust me, you'll want to read these)
  • by relation to theme kinda important, I mean, if you score five or under, your project is disqualified
  • design Just in case you didn’t know, the better the design is, the better your score is. This isn’t a contest of who can make the worst project
  • how dominant emojis are in your projects The less the emojis dominate, the higher the score. they just make the project look bleh
  • fun-ness I created a new word, like funner, or funned.
Rewards

If under 6 projects are submitted, only the first placer will get a prize and community prizes will be excluded, so make sure to tell your friends about this competition

1st place:

• Like on your projects (and, if wanted, on the forum)
  • Project and username will be put in next year’s HCC trailer which I am going to go all out on.
  • Featured project? (maybe)
  • Community prizes (In next post)

2nd place:

• Project and username will be put in next year’s HCC trailer which I am going to go all out on.
  • Featured project? (I’m allowing Madi and Alyssa to decide)

3rd place

4th place:

FAQ

Are collabs allowed? Yes, but rewards go to whoever submits the project
Do I have to sign up? No signup, but if you want to join a tag list to receive notifications about rule changes, competition news, and reminders

• Dramatic entrance, “Sign me up!”
  • I’m not clicking on the fun one, but still want to join the tag list
  • leaving this tag list
  • Ho ho ho, I interacted with this poll on accident

0 voters

Is this going to happen every year? Yes, that is the plan
Who will be judging? I will, and I hope to be joined by @Petrichor, @Awesome_E, and @TheCMStudios.
Can I help judge? Yes, but it means you can’t participate in the competition.

@everyone @DECODECO (You asked me about this earlier in the year) @tankt2016 (I’m tagging you for all my competitions now.)

Wow, can we get to 50 likes on this post?

My New Game! Any suggestions to edit or improve it?

earlessPhoenix pointed out that I should tell everyone who is providing community rewards that they will be tagged when the time is right and don’t have to join the tag list above

Here are community rewards you can cotribute to:

Like HS and HSF project

• Defiantly!

• Maybe

• I’ve decided that I don’t want to anymore

• I interacted with this poll on accident

0 voters

Draw something

Make sure to reply below with what you can draw

• I can draw something on paper

• I can draw something digitally

• I can draw something in Hopscotch

• I can draw something by code

• I interacted with this poll on accident

0 voters

Other community rewards

I’m hoping @Ana can put this post on global edit so you can add in your own rewards, but unto then, please reply with your rewards you plan on giving.

I’m not sure that we can feature any Christmas projects because I think only the winners of the official Christmas contest (that THT is probably going to make) get featured for Christmas-related projects.

Thanks for adding the new tag list thing I suggested. I can make a wiki post with other prizes for you if you want? I guess I’ll do a request for the winner. It can be anything-- coding, drawing, general request.
I’d help judge if you’d let me too, but I’m not sure if that’s an option?

@Dylan329 & @MyPizza perfect time of year for a pixel artist showdown!

And so it begins… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I guess I just beat them to creating contests :rofl:. Should you email them about featuring contest projects, or should I? btw, if you don’t respond by Monday, I’ll go ahead and email them.

Wow, this earn the “nice topic” badge very fast.

Exactly.

Yep.

Haha, I’ll be joining this showdown but you and Dylan are much better than me.

@FearlessPhoenix

I’ll let you win this time to give me time to perfect my method for next year.

Oh, so you want help judge this year? It’s okay if you aren’t, I just want to know.

I’ll help, I was talking to Sophia or whoever the heck I replied to

And fearless

I can email them :slightly_smiling_face:

K, cool. Would you mind screenshotting or copying and pasting what you write so I can see it? Sorry if I sound demanding, I just want to be in the know.

Sure, I’ll email tomorrow and I’ll let you know what they say.

Alright, cool. Also, about the Thanksgiving contest, Dylan329 won with his turkey project, but I’m pretty sure you guys already featured that?

I’m not sure if we did, I’ll check that out tomorrow too. Like the Christmas projects I’m not sure if we can feature the thanksgiving one either but I’ll see what THT says (it’s my fault because I said we could feature it so I’m really sorry if they say not to)

Ah, it’s ok, the only person you’d have to apologize to is Dylan, but I think he’ll understand.

Umm, not everyone believes in Christmas.

You did? Well, I won’t take no for an answer, but I’m interested in this competition