The 2020 "Hidden Gem Hopscotcher" Original Award Contest
Yes, I know, I haven’t been on the forum or Hopscotch in forever! But (lucky you!) I’ve decided to be active for now in order to put on a contest that had a lot of success last year!
Hidden Gem Hopscotcher (formerly the 80% Original Award) Contest!
For those that didn’t know about it last year, I put on a contest in which Hopscotchers and Forumers could nominate coders who had amazing projects but didn’t get enough credit for them. It worked really well, and I got to explore many new accounts during the process!
I renamed the award because even though I’m still aiming to find Hopscotchers that are more than 80% original, I just feel like ‘Hidden Gem Hopscotcher’ is a better title. It brings light to coders who’s work deserves to be acknowledged, and hopefully through gaining the title they won’t become hidden anymore.
I feel like this contest is not just an amazing opportunity, but a way we can grow an appreciation of good coding. A lot of Hopscotch is spammed with art and drawings—which involve no actual coding; remixes; and projects that were half-heartedly made. And of course, I know that we have a lot of new Hopscotchers who are growing in coding understanding, and I realize that. But this award is for the rare Hopscotcher who pours a lot of effort into every project, and shines with originality. I need your help to find some amazing Hopscotchers who do exactly that!
What I'm looking for
What I’m mostly looking for is a Hopscotcher who does not get the adequate amount of attention for the well-made, smoothly run, beautiful projects they make. Yes, this is difficult to come across, but simply find a Hopscotcher who fills the below criteria as closely as possible -
- Their projects have less likes than they deserve (An average of 50 likes or less on their best projects)
- They are not VERY well-known. Yes, typically some people will know of their name, just try to find someone who isn’t as known.
>Note: Because a lot of users are getting Featured now a days, if a person who you would like to nominate has a few Featured projects, he can still qualify.
- Projects that work as they’re supposed to (minimal glitches, etc.)
- Projects with an attractive screenshot
Other things I’m judging on:
- Their projects are original & unique
- Most (approx. 80% or more) of their projects are not remixes or drawn art (drawing pads of course count as a coded project)
- They are polite and follow Hopscotch guidelines
Who you can nominate
Rules for Who You Can Nominate
- You cannot nominate last year’s winners. Though last year’s winners (1st: Legendary myt, 2nd: sophia71205 , 3rd: Pineapple ) earned their title adequately, they are not eligible to be nominated again.
- You can nominate yourself. Yes, it is absolutely fine if you nominate yourself if you think you fill the criteria. I will consider you just the same.
- You can nominate any number of Hopscotchers. There is no limit to how many Hopscotchers you can nominate, however—please only nominate people who fill the given criteria well. Keep in mind I’m the only one judging, and I can’t sort through a million nominations.
How to nominate
What you do when you find a nomination
Nominate either on the Forum, or remix one of my projects on the Hopscotch app. To nominate on the Forum, comment below and say you have (a) nomination(s), and then say then say your nomination(s) below. To nominate on the Hopscotch app, remix ANY of my projects on my Panda Studios CHAT account. Do not remix on my main account, Panda Studios, because I will not publish a response of confirmation. I might have a project specifically for submitting nominations coming soon.
Please use the username of the Hopscotcher that they use for their Hopscotch account. If they have a forum account, you can add their tag next to the username of course, but please don’t JUST use their Forum username, as it may differ from their Hopscotch account. If you are nominating yourself, please say your HS username too!
Make sure their username is spelled correctly, including all punctuation and emojis.
If you can, attach a link to one of your nominee’s projects (any of them) if you nominate them on the Forum. This saves me SO much time, and guarantees I go to the right account (if you do this, you also don’t have to worry about Rule #4). Also do this when nominating yourself!
All your nominations don’t have to be at the same time, however, if you can do that, that’s great. It’s very convenient.
Also, I would recommend tagging your nominee if they have an account on the Forum. That way they know they are apart of this contest!
After you have submitted your nomination...
I will reply to your post in confirmation when I see it. All nominations will go on a list, and I will immediately start narrowing them down. As of now I do not have a deadline for nominations, but I would highly encourage you to submit nominations as soon as possible!
The winners will be announced in 1-3 months, depending on how many nominations I receive.
If the person you nominated wins, you will be given credit!
I will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Winners will receive the honorable title of A Hidden Gem Hopscotcher 2020. They will forever become apart of the history of this contest!
There will also be runner-ups, and shoutouts. (Shoutouts are for Hopscotchers who have amazing projects, but are kinda well known. If you would like to nominate someone solely for a Shoutout, I will accept that.)
Winners will be announced on this topic, and if they have a forum account they will be tagged. Anyone who has commented on this post will be tagged also. If they do not have a forum account, they will be notified by their Hopscotch account.
Winners will get a follow from me, and likes on their most recent projects, but that’s about it because I am inactive on the Forum and Hopscotch. However, if one you all would be amazing enough to give a prize to the winner, that would be soooooo awesome!
Keep In Mind
- If you are nominated, I am fine with you saying you would give a prize to the winner if you don’t win, but obviously you can’t give a prize to the winner if you win.
- You can give a prize to First Place, or all Places.
- There is no minimum to prize offerings. The more the merrier!
- Make sure to ration the prizes of course. First place should get the biggest prize, 2nd should get less than 1st, and 3rd less than 2nd.
- If you would like to give a prize, comment on this topic with what you would like to give, to which places, and anything else I might need to know.
- The prize will be given in your username!
- If you can, keep the prize to something given on the Hopscotch app. The winners might not have a forum account. If the winner happens to have a forum account, then you can give them a prize on the Forum.
- Drawing request
- Likes of your projects
- Trail art request
- Custom drawing pad
- Website template
- Locked website
- Project request
- Nomination for Featured/Game changer
On the Forum
- Spamlikes of posts/topics
- Bio shoutout
Or anything else you can think of
That’s all I can think of right now! Please comment below if you have any questions or suggestions at all, and I would soooo appreciate it if you gave a nomination.
Toodles for now!