IT WON'T WORK, but why?

bug

I was making a game when one of the arrows won't do any thing. It only has 2 rules:

Anybody know why IT WON'T WORK?

First of all, what are you making (project)?

And second of all, what is this for?

Third of all, can you send the link of the project?

(What. First Second and then Third..🤔)

And fourth or all, (lol) it's good to test the code after adding some blocks. When there is a problem, try to sort of change the code

And fifth of all, I am crying of laughter :joy:

Sixth of all (LOL) Do you know WHAT you added to make it not work? If not, then make abilities and remove the bottom pieces of code one by one, each being put into its own ability before removing it. Once you find the thing that causes it change up that code so it still does the same thing but with different code!

Seventh of all...
Woah, so many people and numbers. :astonished:
- Oh yeah :disappointed: I forgot to describe, I'm making a drawing pad that uses clones to do some special 'tricks’.
- The codes above are for the down color selection arrow.
- The up one works, but this one doesn't respond at all.
- I've tried modifying it to get it similar to the up arrow, but it won't work too.

WHEW!

That was a lot of words. :relieved:

@Fishyguitars so you mean you want this one decrease the colour value and the up arrow to increase the colour value? In your second picture, try changing the "Increase value" block to Increase value "Color" by -1 instead of +1

Edit: actually, can I see your code for the up arrow? Then I can see what you're trying to do.

NOOOOOOOOOOO YOU SHOULD HAVE WROTE EIGHTH OF ALL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's fine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (Sorry off topic)

Eighth of all, I said that so yay everything is fixed @Rawrbear! Sorry kinda off topic

Ninth of all, thanks!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh ok.

This is the up arrow's code.

Tenth of all, when I make games with variables i would have something happen when one variable equals zero, I would have it set to one once the game starts. But it would have a split second of the variable equaling 0 until it switchs to 1. So just restart the project a couple times like close then open then try it. :slightly_smiling: if you have any comments please hit the reply under me to reply to this comment or I probably won't see it.

Thanks for sharing the picture of your code for the up arrow @Fishyguitars :smiley:

I think for the code of your down arrow in the second picture (from the first post in the topic), instead of this block (which is under the Else part of the Check If Else):

Set value "Color" to 2

Make it this instead:

Set value "Color" to 0

Let me know how it goes. It should actually work the way it is (but go to the wrong colour instead). It's strange it's not responding at all :hushed:

It still won't respond.:confused:

Oh, this is a drawing pad, and 0 is purple.

YES YES YES YEAAAAAAAAH

I've figured it out!
On the project, unicode objects, like this one ⌂, have extra space on its bottom or top. In my project, Hopscotch considered the blank space on top of the button. Since it was 'on top' of the button, the button didn't activate. So, I brought the button to the front. Don't worry, I've had this problem in one of my previous games, so I decided to test it. I know that this a lot, so here's diagrams. (Dark blue is the unicode object, black is the button.)

Before:

After:

I have had the same problem

Oh okay I see, I've experienced this before as well. Glad you figured it out and it's working again @Fishyguitars :smiley: