It is still possible to put a value in a color bubble!

Remember before the new editor was introduced, we could put values and math and stuff into those color bubbles for "leave a trail", "set color" and other blocks? When the new editor was introduced, many thought this was now impossible. Recently, I found a way to do this again. Let's have a look!

Step 1

First, you will need to select your value. You will need to tap on it to do this. When you select it, the value block will be outlined with a teal color.

Step 2

Now, you need to tap on your bubble again. If nothing happens, keep trying. You need to be able to get a "Copy" option to pop up above the value. Once you do that, move on to step 3.

Step 3

After you tap on the "copy" option to copy the value, you now need to tap on your "color bubble". For me, it is in a set color block, but it can be any color bubble in any block. You need to get the same teal outline around that color bubble as you did with the value.

Step 4

Now, you need to tap on the color bubble until it comes up with the option to paste. Once this option comes up, you need to press it.

Finished!

You have now done the seemingly impossible. You put a value in a color bubble! You should have something like this:

Not only can you do this with just plain values, but you can do it with math operations as well! You can put all kinds of stuff in color bubbles now!
Go ahead, see what you can make with this rediscovered feature!

WOAH! I didn't know that! XD

I was like:

"This update is so frustrating. I can't make it go a certain color to another certain color."

This is an amazing tutorial! :clap:🏻

11/10

Great tutorial!
I already knew about it though...

Aweosme tutorial! I have already figured this out, but I have had trouble figuring out what value is what color. I have experimented with this and I have made a color cheat sheet:

Cheat sheet not wanting to helping others cheat? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great tutorial Zap!

nice! thanks for sharing

I remember learning those in the days before the HSB/RGB blocks!!

That was how I used to code drawing pads... other people sometimes used Set Trail Colour...

memories @LazyLizard?

Already knew but nice tutorial!