Issues with forum functionality on phone

You most likely have to contact discourse about the problem.

have you heard of safe mode?

2 Likes

No I have not, what is that?

Also how do I do that?

1 Like

Update: The forum no-longer works on my phone :frowning: All it shows is a blank screen, regardless of how I am accessing the forum. (Safari, google, shortcuts, via the hs app, via email, incognito mode, literally every single search engine compatible with my phone)… I am still able to access it on my computer though, just not as often :(

2 Likes

Ok, good news and bad news:
The good news is that I now know what the problem is, but the bad news is that there is nothing I can do about it.
Alright so basically, I tried turning on the forum on my phone today, and instead of the usual blank screen, it showed a message about how the forum is not compatible on my phone. I then went to the discourse website and it says that discourse only runs on the newest versions of the browsers. I tried installing all of the browsers available on my phone, but none of them could be downloaded on their newest version. Therefore, my phone is too old for the hopscotch forum. :(

2 Likes

maybe try using the google Chrome app (:

1 Like

Tried that already… not supported in the latest version :(
(on my phone)

1 Like

what’s the version of your phone?

1 Like

^ This is actually pretty surprising that Discourse won’t support it. Wonder if the DiscourseHub app works though

3 Likes

Here is a link to the Discourse Hub app if it’s not showing up, but I do remember you might not be able to download it

2 Likes

Today the weirdest thing just happened- the forum works perfectly fine, no issues, no unexpected scrolling, nothing… as if the glitch never happened… kinda too good to be true ngl… funny how a couple weeks off just completely repaired the forum…

2 Likes

Wow that’s good news! I wonder if Discourse perhaps put out a fix for older browsers.

4 Likes