Issues Loading Video in "Templates"

Hey Hopscotchers,

[UPDATE 2/18/2021 10:37AM]: The videos are fixed now. If you are still having trouble, try restarting your app. Email us at hello@gethopscotch.com if you have any questions!

The videos in Templates are showing the error: “Whoops! Video didn’t load.” This is not because of your internet connection. The video platform we use (Vimeo) for our tutorials in-app is currently experiencing issues. Our team has spoken with them on the phone, and they told us that they’re working on a fix right now.

I’m sorry about this situation (I wish I can fix it right away!!), but I think it should be resolved soon. I will write a follow-up here as soon as it’s fixed. Thank you for your patience Hopscotchers!

Yuanyuan

39 Likes

Thanks for updating the app to fix this issue!

1 Like

Awesome, thank you! Are tutorials subscriber only?

2 Likes

Some of them, some of them aren’t

1 Like

You can access them via the Templates tab in Hopscotch! It’s free for everyone. And yes, @Innerpanda, I almost forgot that some videos are paid only. My favorites are the Animations tab and the one with How to make quick games.

12 Likes

Ok thanks! I want to learn how to code geometry dash…

3 Likes

Wait I found a paid one

2 Likes

I believe you can pay for certain tutorials? I will investigate and come back with a firm answer

11 Likes

I think you just need to get the features, like for the one code with pictures

1 Like

Also I just found A Uh oh, the video wont load, but it was only once and I was going through videos fast

1 Like

wait, I thought all of them became free? or is that just me

2 Likes

I have a download speed of 128 megabits per sec approximately 1 tenth of a gigabyte, sooo I don‘t know why it happened

1 Like

They are, just some of them need subscriber stuff to code it, like the premium feature to add pictures

2 Likes

ohh I see

2 Likes

Hey,

Could you tell me the name of the video you were trying to load?

11 Likes

I forgot, I was checking every video to see if some needed the subscription

2 Likes

I thought with one of the updates they made all tutorials free?

Hey bro’s what’s up anything new?

I think HS was working on a fix for this? Looks like (from the OP) this was fixed for most people but you could update Yuanyuan with more info through an emaiI at yuanyuan@gethopscotch.com
There might be some way she can help? At least it’s something she should be able to bring up with the rest of the team

3 Likes