Is this word appropriate to use on the forum?

Is "bloody" ok to use on here? I know it's not censored but it's considered a bad word to some people...

7 Likes

Hmmmm...... I think it depends on the context.....

3 Likes

Like "bloody nose" would be ok, but is "bloody esc key won't work" for example ok?

3 Likes

I don't know..... I've never used that word on here so I don't know.....

3 Likes

If it's referring to actual blood, then it'd probably be okay (as long as it's not... like... gory or whatever).

If you're using it as an intensifier, I wouldn't suggest using it on the forum. It can be interpreted as a bad word, because I believe that it's a British swear.

17 Likes

if you're talking about like, a bloody nose or a scrape on your knee that would be fine. but don't use it in like, a really violent type of way.

2 Likes

It IS a british swear

2 Likes

I guess it's better not to use it, I don't consider it as a swear word but some people do and you never know if those people that take that word as a swear word are around and they might be offended

2 Likes

^^yes it's a British swear.
But I'm okay with irl so...

1 Like

If it's talking about actual blood, it's fine, but if you're using it like "aaah, the stupid bloody code won't work" I don't really think so?

I mean, it isn't really an actual swear? But it's one of those sort of offensive but not really a swear things. So just to be safe, don't use it in that context. I mean, it isn't blocked though? So IDK

7 Likes

Well it's not quite a swear but it is a strong, negative word.

3 Likes

I think it's only ok if you are using that word in one of these ways:
a story (the imagination is cool topic)
saying that you have a bloody nose or something like that

1 Like

aside from the fact that most people find you reporting a bloody nose (or any bloody body parts, for that matter) rather gruesome, i agree with the general consensus that 'bloody' is to be used to describe blood, rather than as an intensifying adjective.

1 Like

It depends how you use it.
Like if you say, "Wow, that was a bloody scene!" Then sort of, but if it's too like gruesome then probably no.
Also if you say, "Bloody h*ll," then it's not appropriate.

dont give anyone ideas

1 Like