Is it my code or hopscotch’s problem

Your username:
useless.inc
What kind of device are you using?:
ipad air2
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
i was messing with clones, it didn’t go my way
Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
1.idk
2.can someone explain???
….

I expected this to happen:
it should summon 3 objects with different color
But instead this happened:
but it only summoned 1 and the other 2 became words
Here’s a sweet screenshot:
i can’t ,and i can’t use links also if you can help, you can search ‘can someone explain to me?’
or you can search my user name

can someone explain is it my code or something?

12 Likes

What is your hs user @NeW.uSeR

5 Likes
6 Likes

Can’t find it.

4 Likes

Could you link it? Just paste the link here and put some ` in front and behind

6 Likes

He can’t do links oh wait onebox

4 Likes

Unfortunately the HS server doesn’t always know how to search for usernames (a long-standing bug); searching in the app for “useless.inc” shows no Hopscotchers.

@new.user can you try pasting in the link to you project here again, adding space characters at many spots within the URL (add spaces in new spots until HSF accepts it), or, paste in the link, select it, and then hit the “<\>” button for preformatted text.

7 Likes

If you think this could be a bug with your code, let’s move this to #debug-my-code.

Regardless of that, please provide a preformatted link in your post (which new users can post):

Paste the link, select it, and tap the </> button. Once the link preview turns black, you should be able to post it.

5 Likes

@new.user, think i managed to find you! is this the project? :))

12 Likes

yes that is my game
so it’s a code bug then?

7 Likes

yep, looks like a problem with your code.

when you clone objects, you clone the initial thing and whatever its doing. the code after the “create a clone” block doesn’t apply to the clone but rather the original object.
if you want a clone to do something, you put it inside a “when object is cloned” pink ability. if you want a specific clone to do something, you put all of the code in a “check once if (self clone index) = (number)”

if youd like, i can edit the link into the top post and change the title to something that makes it more clear that youd like help with using clones / making them do a specific thing

9 Likes

Hopscotch reproducing bugs means that you should be able to replay the same bug with another object or project to show that is existent and not just a glitch

4 Likes

thank you very much

4 Likes

no problem, happy to help

1 Like