Is adding a full library of music blocks a good idea?

suggestions
music
update_ideas

So Hopscotch’s music blocks are pretty much the jazzy xylophone with about 3 octaves but I wanna know, would it be a good idea to add a Tempo value and maybe more octaves and more instruments? I am a little bit of a musician myself and this update would be incredible but it would most likely take up lots of space… what are you thoughts?

I’d say that’s a good idea, considering I no longer play the trumpet.

That would take up a bit of space, but people would then have more options/variety in music in projects.

I think that’s a pretty great idea. I’d love having more music blocks, it’d be really useful in a lot of ways.

@Ana, @Liza, @Asha, @Rodrigo, you guys might wanna check out this topic/idea

I do believe it would be a good idea.
If they do decide to add this, it would make a lot of people happy.

I also think a volume option would be pretty cool.

It would probably make a good free/relatively cheap/just… priced DLC or something. Because all those samples and stuff would usually take over 50 megabytes ¯_(ツ)_/¯ but a DLC sounds good.

You are correct, this would be awesome, but your other point is valid as well. It would take up a lot of space, which is something some people (like myself) don’t really have. Also, most likely, Hopscotch would have to create a new layout for the music tab.

This has been mentioned many times before and I agree with you totally! As this has been suggested multiple times in the past, I hope that THT is working on this.