Introducing the Official Web Explorer!

This is amazing! I’m going to tell all my [totally not nonexistent] friends about this :D! Can’t wait for the community to grow more!

5 Likes

I also love how you can use dark mode on this! :grin::+1:

6 Likes

E, you could consider having all links that open in a tab instead of an app just automatically redirect to the web explorer instead of the previous purple screen.
would be much more convenient and dynamic and allow easier access to the community from just that one project instead of a purple screen with a project embed.
just could be something to consider if you can :))

8 Likes

giphy
This is great

3 Likes

Interesting. That’d require some discussion with the team, but maybe something like opening the frame (without auto play) and when you close it it just shows the ID result in search?

The way you say it makes it almost more intuitive that way, but also in part because you’re not the only one who liked the full screen player as their default choice. The other thing would be to make the “made with Hopscotch” badge or some banners more prominent that lead to the web explorer.

8 Likes

@Awesome_E Some bugs:
All music blocks (except the seed sound music notes) become the default piano block.

Tilt doesn’t work

2 Likes

I understand the web player is used for pc mostly but still

4 Likes

You mean the default Hopscotch sounds? They work for me – you’re visiting the link in the first post, right?

As for tilt, that’s a limitation on iOS. When you tap on the screen, there should be a prompt that asks the user for permission. If that doesn’t happen, try clearing your website data for gethopscotch.com. If it still doesn’t happen, then there’s a bug in the webplayer file.

7 Likes

When I played nobody’s Danny boy, the oboe made a piano sound.

Yes

6 Likes

I can hear both – the oboe matches the code and just comes in a few measure after the piano part, though it’s pretty soft still so maybe that’s why you didn’t hear it.

6 Likes

That’s strange. Maybe the bug only happens to me

3 Likes

Uh, NTh3R posted this in the app hopefully they meant someone to put it here and hopefully no one posted already. Here’s the link

4 Likes

We had a small discussion here, if you want to read it:

In the end, this decision follows Hopscotch’s vision to help more people learn more about coding. Even messy code can teach a lesson – it’s that there’s always work to do to improve something! While it can be confusing, it also shows that everyone, even the best coders of the best projects, can often have messy code in their games/programs.

10 Likes

Yup, I agree

2 Likes

@anon82626866 ^^

2 Likes

That makes sense

2 Likes

@Awesome_E I found that when I was updating my project, it updates almost immediately here for the thumbnail when it hasn’t on the app yet, but doesn’t find the project because it is still updating and hasn’t been approved yet.

3 Likes

I noticed that too, actually. It’s because for some reason the channel feed shows removed projects, but the embed page does not.

7 Likes

That is odd… it is really cool though, the explorer!

5 Likes

oh my gosh AWESOMEEEEE

no pun intended

3 Likes