InkIt World News

news

Welcome to InkIt news, a mini news channel posting world news every 2 days to keep coders up to date with everything that is going on with the world (Including Hopscotch news, to keep this relevant)

First story is today 6-9 pm
Like if you want to support us!
Want to keep up to date with our posts? Ask to be added to our tag list!
If you want to be taken off of our tag list, please let us know!

The coding cup! (Finished)

May I be please added to your tag list? :slight_smile:

Great idea! Can you add me to the tag list?

Count me in,please.

Nice idea! Can you add me to your tag list?

**The Deadly Hurricane Florence causes catastrophic damage to the Carolina's- and you won't believe the damage**

Hurricane Florence made landfall Friday morning and has since done significant damage.
There has been more than almost 42 inches of Rain, and could trigger “epic flooding” early next week.
There has also been at least 5 confirmed deaths and has caused nearly 1 million houses to lose power.
Fortunately, the winds have weakened to around 45 mph and only made landfall as a category 1, but this storm could easily grow and will cause more havoc as time goes on. Who knows when this storm will end, and we pray for the lives of those in North and South Carolina and their safety.

Thank you for taking the time to read out first story and be sure to like! Suggest ideas for us to write about if you would like!

Tag List 1

Summary

@the_dancer
@Aariv

Tag list 2

Summary

@William04GamerA
@Amulet_10

UPDATE: Deat.h Toll reaches 11

Look at our new website! https://highskies8.wixsite.com/inkit-news

Tag list

Summary

@Amulet_10
@Aariv
@William04GamerA
@the_dancer

That’s an awesome idea. May I please be added to your tag list?

Can I be added to your tag list?

UPDATE: Death* Toll reaches 11

Nice website though, just needs a bit more content in it. Layout is nice though

InkIt Hero of the week – “Auntie” Debra

She feeds students at Hoover High School, But it doesn’t stop there.
She also feeds the homeless.
But she uses money she doesn’t even have, making us wonder what she does to help herself
She drives around in a '76 Chevy Malibu looking for hungry homeless people to cook them food, with only her own money.

Her school district also surprised her with a refurbished 2014 Mazda 3, because she was so selfless.

If you enjoyed this article, make sure to like and leave suggestions for what we should do next!

Tag List

Summary

@Aariv
@Amulet_10
@the_dancer
@background_inc
@RainbowSunset
@William04GamerA

It’s a good idea but I don’t fully get the point of a news site when there are already a lot out there…

I’ve read the latest news article that you’ve written and I have to say that the layout is really good! I like these kinds of “small updates”.

I guess it is kind of just a forum version of it, because a lot of people (since none of us are really adults) spend more time on the forum then looking at the news. So it just keeps us informed, I guess.

**Midterm Elections**

What is a midterm election?

A president is elected every 4 years, but the lower congress get elected every 2
years, so at the “middle” section of the 4 years. (Hence the name, “Midterm Election”) So all 435 seats in the house is up for election. But not only will Congress be elected, 1/3 of the senate will be available to be elected also.

The 2018 Midterm - and why it’s so important

If the democratic parties want to stop trump from implementing his programs, they must control both houses; the congress and the senate.

The democrats must overtake At least 23 seats in the house of congress. There are currently 10 republican held seats that are leaning towards the democrats, while another 24 seats are basically a coin flip and could join either side.

Thanks for reading this article and make sure to like and leave suggestions for ideas!

Tag list
@Aariv
@Amulet_10
@the_dancer
@background_inc
@RainbowSunset
@William04GamerA

@InkIt can you make an article about my trail art cup or the coding cup?