In Progress Block or Block for Subscriptions?

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:
@Liza @Meg @Rodrigo
Your username:
Periwinkle :dolphin: Dolphin
What kind of device are you using?:
iPad Pro
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I was looking at the code and and and then a weird block came up
Steps to make the problem happen:
1. Open "New Update" by THT
2. Look in the code of "New Update Alert!"
3.Scroll to the bottom
….
I expected this to happen:
There to be an invisible block at the end
But instead this happened:
There was a scene block
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

What is this wizardry? :0 Edit: I think the hopscotch team confirmed this to be a new Block in someone's email, I forget where though

Yep. Liza said its a test for a new sub only block coming out in January

Wow that's cool and weird at the same time

Then can't someone just copy and paste the block into their project?

I'm pretty sure THT is making it so that you can look at the block and move it around but can't change the code or copy and paste

Don't forget about remixing the project

Interesting.

You could remix to retain the Change Scene block. But the current version of the app doesn't give access to stages/objects/code corresponding to the other scenes. So that wouldn't do much good... though I'd bet you could edit the JSON data manually to code the other scenes on a new project. Not much point in that either though since the point of Change Scene would be to make the project creation easier (and the same effect can be accomplished today without a Chance Scene block) :laughing:

Hahaha, this wizardry it's called "the Hopscotch Team testing some new functinoalities and we forgot to hide them" :wink:

Actually is not something that's super secret. As Liza stated in another post, it's a new functionality that we've been testing internally, since it can have many bugs. It's like having a project inside a project :open_mouth:

Can't wait to see how it actually works :D

It's awesome! I think you'll love it.

You can't copy code across projects, sadly. Although I think you should be able to remix that project.

It will probably make making movies and switching projects much easier.

Absolutely. In fact, the feature/block/button/whatevs is called "Scenes", so, yeah. :slight_smile:

I am not sure if, in your code, the scenes made much sense. Is there a maximum number of scenes you can have, and how do you make the scenes? When and if this comes out, will you guys make a tutorial on it?

Make a tutorial? Sure, but not yet. We don't know when or how are we going to release this thing. :slight_smile:

:frowning: It's only gonna be for subscribers?

I was really looking forward to this feature. Now I can't get it! :frowning2:

This will save a lot of time making projects! I hope I get the subscription by the time it comes out.

I think I guessed how it'll work:
It's sort of like having multiple when game starts, things and stages and stuff I can't explain. Wait, like sections, yeah, that's what I was trying to say. All I know is, when it'll be done, it'll be awesome!
EDIT: I think it might only be for subscribers...