Improve the search function

I don’t know if there has been a topic specifically stating that this should be done
So here’s one

The search function is pretty broken, so why not fix it? More Hopscotcher’s could get noticed, get likes, and be more encouraged to code—and they may want to get the subscription after they realize they can make only 15 free projects

This would be extremely helpful if you’re trying to search a person you know up to give them a follow or see their projects

16 Likes

I made a topic for this already

4 Likes

Actually recently it’s been better. For example I can now appear in search wich didn’t use to happen

4 Likes
3 Likes

Yours was a bug report

6 Likes

What do you mean by this?

3 Likes

the search function is broken

so fix it

1 Like

But I don’t think you can search me.

2 Likes

that’s how the search is broken

and this topic is saying to fix it

5 Likes

Generally it works. However projects released from 3.41.3 do not to appear with the same algorithm (calculation of remixes & views I think?) used for those before it.

6 Likes

I agree. Sometimes, the search function doesn’t give an inclusive or reliable result, and I’d be really happy if that could be fixed.

3 Likes

I definitely agree. It sometimes does not give the right results, and it glitches out when searching usernames.

Some come up, but some don’t

2 Likes

Yes. It’s like the search bar uses keywords, and that’s pretty annoying when I am searching for “DonutCat” (for example) and don’t want usernames with only “donut” or only “cat” in them.

1 Like

Also Hopscotch doesn’t seem to update usernames when a user charges theirs. You end up having to look for the old one sometimes.

2 Likes

when I search Nobody my hs username comes up (it’s Mr. Incognito) which is odd

Yeah, last time I checked my account won’t come up unless you search “tankt.” And I had that user for like a month. In 2015. XD

2 Likes

Boop

1 Like

Another thing that would be nice, is for it to be more than just keywords, as the current system makes it nearly impossible to find some people. For example, sometimes you type somebody’s exact name and they don’t come up.

2 Likes

Yes, the keyword thing is so annoying sometimes.

5 Likes

Oh wait u can search for me. Search ‘ElectoᏀenius’ and scroll down.
Btw that ‘G’ is a Cherokee character so to search u have to copy that or add the Cherokee keyboard.

3 Likes