Imported Images Should have the same Width/Height as the Original one

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is: Imported images that have same width/height as the original

I’d use it for this type of project: Every projects involving imported images

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this: More intuitive Width() and Height() variables, and more intuitive Set Position use with Set Width and Height use

Currently if you import a png image that has invisible borders, hopscotch ignore it and only uses visible borders. This makes it hard to resize with Set Width and Height block, because you wont necessarily know where hopscotch cut the picture. But the most counterintuitive thing is that Set Position takes the blank space under consideration, but not Set Width and Height!

I’m really confused why hopscotch did that.

15 Likes

not sure if this is a bug.

6 Likes

yep very annoying

6 Likes

It may be because the invisible barriers are 100% invisible, which is, in fact, ignored (or anything above 99% invisibility, which is still very visible and obvious, in terms of the image itself).

4 Likes

What kinds of things are you trying to do where HS is preventing you from doing?

3 Likes

One temporary fix for this is to add one pixel in each corner, barely visible. It’s what I’ve done in every project that required same-sized images.

10 Likes