I'm going to start drawing?

Ok big news......I'm going to start drawing on my account but I need tips from all you guys cause I do not know how to draw but I want to start! I'd like to draw people so I need to know some tips on that! And just tips in general, Thanks​:blush:

Artists that could help:
@OrangeScent1
@XiaoMiaoMi
@SmilingSnowflakes
@Dude73
@LotsaPizza
@RenegadeBird1

^Anybody can help not just these^

Note: I won't be drawing a ton just a little :grinning:

Just a forewarning...
When I do post, it's going to be an ESSAY. That will be quoted probably a few times.

EDIT: This may take a while, please be patient :3

Oh...? Thanks! Here's a like! :yellow_heart:

Unfortunately, if you look closely, I'm more experienced with paper, not digital drawings! I'm not really sure if you can find any tips from me, though! However, @XiaoMiaoMi is amazing at tutorials and detailed drawings if you look at her account (Now it's Shivelight, right? :sweat_smile:)!

I'm only 1/3 of the way done with the "essay"... This is going to be the most detailed tutorial I've ever made...

@RenegadeBird1 Thank you!

@Wookie I'm really sorry that this is taking so long...

Ok @RenegadeBird1 you still have some amazing projects! I just saw you liked it and in your bio it says you like art​:laughing::blush:

Lol..ok then! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Here's a like! :yellow_heart:
@XiaoMiaoMi :D Here's a like! :yellow_heart:

I am officially 2/5 done... And it's already longer than an essay.
Oh boy. I'm going to start boxing everything up in neat little details boxes...

You're going to get the maximum character limit, @XiaoMiaoMi XD

@CreativeCoder nuuuu ;-;

If so, I'm going to have to separate it all out...
stares at tutorial so far

There's a maximum character limit?

There's a 32000 character limit. I think you'll be fine.

Also @XiaoMiaoMi or anyone else- what's a good drawing pad On hopscotch?

Don't draw jagged edges, draw smooth edges and curves.

(:heart:️4u!)
I recommend @XiaoMiaoMi's, CheerfulOwl's, @PopTart0219, iMeow Studio's or @Bananadog's art pads! I usually use my own, but personally, I think that they have the best types of color!

SOUND DA ALARMS
IT'S DONE
not really
It's still not done ;-;
But I'm tired
And hungry
So
Here's what I have so far:

ahem

Some Tips I Have For Artists

Please note that these are MY tips; they will not work for everyone. These are just some tips I think would help most people.

ACTUALLY DRAWING

1. The Human Figure (Framework)

Always remember, when drawing, that you are drawing a PERSON. Unless, of course, you're not, but we'll get to that later.
When sketching out a design, always be sure to take into context what the person should be doing. Standing? Sitting? Raising an arm? Et cetera. Never, ever attempt to change your framework during a later phase, like erasing someone's arm and changing the position halfway through coloring. I promise you, it will not turn out well.
The framework stage is what I think is the most important. Framework for the drawing is what keeps eveything together, and it's here that you place the underlying message, or feel in the drawing.

I know some very good tutorials, drawn by my main idol, that are very well-explained. She has a slight accent, but I really think her tutorials help.
These are for manga figures.

The Male Figure (Manga)

The Female Figure (Manga)

For more realistic figures, I suggest you look at actual photographs, or yourself. Think in a very logical, mathmatical way; what is the ratio of your arm length to your body length? About where do your arms end? About where should your legs go? About how tall are you? About how big is your head?
Drawing stick figures is actually a very good way to measure this out. You can,t use a ruler on Hopscotch, but on paper, try using a ruler to measure out lines for a stick figure. The first time I did this, it took me two days. Eventually, though, you'll get the hang of it.
When you draw on Hopscotch, you can then use a light gray (or any other light color) to draw out a stick figure, and then use that as the framework for your art. Eventually, after A LOT of practice, you may even get to the point where you don't need framework. I still need all of my framework; it's nothing to be ashamed about!

The Human Figure (Realistic)

1. Human Faces

Once again, always keep in mind you're drawing a human face.

I personally think the human face is shaped slightly like a jello pentagon. As in, someone tried to cut jello into a house-pentagon shape with a cookie cutter, but smoothed over the edges.
Try to keep everything simple when you're making the face. If you add too much detail into the shading and whatnot, you will end up making the person look very, very old. Probably not what you're aiming for.
I usually use 3 colors when shading skin tones for faces: the basic color, a slight highlighter, and a shader. The shader is usually used around the chin and lower jaw, as well as the area below the hair. DON'T TRY TO DRAW A CIRCLE AROUND THE FACE WITH SHADER! You will end up with a gingerbread cookie and not a person.
As for the highlighter, I just apply it after the shader. Highlight areas like the cheeks, nose, and upper chin. These areas are all raised up higher than the rest, meaning that they are highlighter areas.
Draw eyes and mouth and nose after the skin. This way, they don't get covered when you're coloring the face. Eyes don't have to be detailed; in fact, if you add too much detail, they begin to look like mashed potatoes. I would suggest finding an eye style before taking requests; it's totally fine to publish these eye tests. I publish plenty of my practices and doodling on Hopscotch, because if there's something wrong, people are free to give (hopefully constructive) criticism. The same goes for the mose and the mouth.
I don't put too much attention to the noses in my art style, nor the mouths, so I don't have much advice for you here. So here are some videos:

Noses

Mouths

1. Clothing (in general)

If you haven't noticed from conversation from me, I'm Chinese.
(gee, I wonder why her name is spelled like that?)
But anyways.

I don't have much experience with fancy Western clothing. I hope this doesn't make me sound like a foreigner, but I honestly had NO IDEA what a turtleneck was until last month.
I think you're better with this area, but if you do see something that's unknown or unfamiliar to you, look it up! There's neither shame nor harm in looking up the definition of a term used.
When drawing clothing, first picture how thick/thin the person you're drawing is. I tend to make my clothing baggier, but if you want to make your clothing a bit tighter, you will have to visuallize about how wide someone's arms, legs, torso (etc.) will have to be. It often helps to use a light gray, or any light color to sketch out where their arms should be. Then, DO NOT make their sleeves the exact width of their arm. This will make them look like sausages. Keep in mind you are drawing human beings.
Always have a bit of room between the skin and the clothing when you're drawing. This rule applies to drawing pretty much any clothing; once again, make trials and tests as needed.
I'm not particularily an expert in making clothing, so here's a video explaining some ways to draw clothing:

Clothing "tutorial"

As for shading clothing... This just takes lots of practice. It's not like shading faces or hair; clothing has a completely different texture. I would suggest shading using three colors―the base, the highlighter, and the shade―and using a 1 pxl brush. Shade quickly, going in one direction, and only shade where you need to. Highlights are in places that get the most light, such as the chest and arms, and the shade is in the darker areas, such as the shoulders (only if the person has long hair) and gap-between-arms-and-torso (does that have a name?). Different types of clothing tend to have different elevations (running out of vocabulary ;-; I think you know what I mean by elevation), so practice makes perfect. This video helps:

Shading Clothing (advanced)

1. Hair (in general)
    Now this is where manga/anime/chibi and realistic branch off, deeply. Hairstyles vary throughout all styles; even each and every Hopscotch artist has their own hair-style. I'm going to be using those two terms a lot in this section. Hair-style=style you use to draw hair; hairstyle=hairstyle.

Manga hair is often very simple. This hair-style (see, I told you we would be using these a lot) revolves around lines and outlines.
Here are some videos that explain it clearly:

[details=Manga Male+Female Hair]

[/details

As for realistic hair... I am nowhere near knowledgable on the topic. So, here's yet another video explaining it:

Realistic Hair

Shading is pretty much the same for hair... Except for one thing. The highlights MUST be facing in the direction the hair is going. If you have a lock of hair going straight down, the highlights must be going up and down, up and down, and up and down. Otherwise, your hair looks like fabric. This applies to both realistic and manga art.
Once again, make trials and tests as needed.

1. Objects (in general)

Okay, everything in this section is what I learned from @i.is.an.anonymous, otherwise known as choco-la-ta-ta-ta-ta~. She's the maestro of this stuff. I'm not too good at explaining, so please ask if you need any extra help.
First of all, distinguish what your object is. This may sound silly, but it's very important to think about how you're going to represent your object. As in, if I told you to draw a guzheng right now, you probably wouldn't be able to do it. Once again, you should look up anything you don't know, instead of randomly guessing.
The second thing to do is do sketch it out using a light gray or just any lg
Iight tone. It's okay if the edges are rough, or if the item looks strange. If it doesn't look right to you, you change it, and the best place to change a sketch is in the sketching phase.
Next, choose four colors for the overall color of your object. Now this is where it gets interesting. The colors don't have to be on a monochrome scale. This pallet should be similar to my Bubble Shading pallet. Here, there should be at least one color that is in a different range. For example, if you are going to draw a red apple, I would also bring a brown or grey to shade with. This gives the overall drawing a much more rich and colorful tone; just make sure you maintain that the apple is red. Bronw apples don't look very appetizing.
Now comes shading. Shading is pretty hard to give text lessons on; it's much easier to teach face-to-face. However, that's sort of impossible on the Forum, so I'll just say that you can use whatever type of shading you like. There are plenty of styles to shade with, and each has its own quirks. I personally use just a 1pxl brush and very fast strokes; if you don't like doing this, that's totally fine. But keep in mind that the object you are drawing has highlight spots and shade spots, just like all other materials do. The hard part about this is that unlike skin, most objects today are not round. This means that you can't just put a white semicircle on, say, a cube, and expect it to look good. This part just takes practice; over time, you'll develop a style of highlighting that worls for you. Ironically, I haven't yet developed a very good highlighting style, so really, don't be in a rush to do so.

Here's a helpful video:

Helpful Video (running out of interesting titles...)

And that concludes it for Actually Drawing. Tag me if you want any other tips, or if you don't understand anything!

HOW TO BE AN ARTIST

No, I'm not shoving you into a plane to an academy in France. I'm also not a professional artist myself. I've run into a severe shortage of good wordings, and this was the best I could manage.

What I mean to say is that with drawing and being an artist comes a burden, and this section is about some tips to help deal with that burden.

1. Requests.
    After about a week-a month of your first drawing, you will soon notice that people will begin issuing requests to you. If your art is REALLY good, you'll soon become flooded with these projects asking you to draw something.
    My way of dealing with this is to first, filter out what requests are requests I can do and what requests I cannot. For example, I will NOT accept a request that puts down "brown" as the hair length. I will not accept a request where they decide to hold a tea party. I will not accept a request if all they have come to do is complain about needing more likes and follows. This may seem rather harsh, but seriously. I honestly put probably fifty times more time into finishing a request than that person did requesting it. I put my time and effort into each drawing, and you can't read properly what I meant? Seriously? I am by no means yelling at requestors; I'm just saying, you get what you tolerate. If you take requests from some people who do this, you're goi ng to find more and more requests like this.
    I really hope that didn't sound rude. I will edit that out if anyone thinks it is.

Anyways, I think that requests are a great way to practice. They give you a chance to have to follow directions that aren't yours, that you can't decide. This way, your art style becomes more flexible, and it will almost always grow.
And remember, you can close requests any time you want. If you feel the stress is too great, you should probably close your requests temporarily.

1. Projects
    As an artist, you tend to publish a lot of art. Gee. I wonder why it's called an "art"-ist.
    I personally feel like publishing only art is a bit boring; you may think differently, but I think that way. Try adding some coding projects in between art, just so that it's still a coding app.

2. Ha.te

This is just overall. Not only artists get it.
Haters gonna ha.te.
Deal with it. If you can have people creating projects like that to get your attention, you must be something special, right?

phew

It's over!
checks outline

I still have one more ENTIRE section, all about apps and ways to practice... Just great...

I think I'll type the next section tomorrow. I'm too worn out as of right now...

Thank you for reading here. If you're reading this, that means that this post was under the maximum characters limit! Yay...

10,503 characters, guys... Wow...

Oh my goodness... So many glitchy spots...
I will try to repair them... Sorry!

I'm so happy you think so @RenegadeBird1!!! I'm honored!

Great job! I read the entire thing, and WOW. Amazing! :D

I like the pop-pad by @PopTart0219 that one's pretty good. Then there's the pad by Cheerful Owl I LOVE LOVE LOVE. So I'd try those.

Awesome job @XiaoMiaoMi thanks SO much

Oh mah gerd