Idea: User Curation

Hello Hopscotchers!
Here’s an idea I’ve been forming:

User Curation.
As in, a category where newly submitted projects can be voted on by Hopscotchers and then placed in their respective category.

How it Works
Basically, when a user publishes a project, they choose a category that they think their project would best fit, or want it to be in. Then, when published it would be put in a new category similar to the old newest, and after playing a project users could vote to put it in a certain category. After a day or two, If the project meets a certain amount of votes/ is old enough, it’s out in the category it best fits.

What do y’all think?

23 Likes

Interesting, I like his

7 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

I would love this for its own channel! similar to E’s picks in his web explorer, but with all users being able to “upvote” and obviously a channel on the app?

maybe not for all channels, since tht has some epic logic going into their curation strategies and the curation of channels is a fairly recent change, but I think this is an epic idea :ok_hand:

12 Likes

Hmm I didn’t think about that! Good idea!

5 Likes

I like this. THT should implement this.

5 Likes

YES this would be awesome! Although they would need to put limits per IPv6 addres.s. Rlly now system…

5 Likes

Well yeah, that’s a good point.

3 Likes

Your idea is amazing! I decided to post a link to it on my topic.

5 Likes

Cool! Thanks.

4 Likes

Very nice idea. I’d like to chose what category my projects should go in.

5 Likes

Yep, general idea, but people would still vote to see what category it fits best
(Hi tdo)

5 Likes

But that has a minor flaw. Very popular hopscotcher’s could very easily have meh projects get upvoted, and sorted in even though they are just meh. Also, implementing this would require a “find” bar, for users to find things to upload.

6 Likes

one system I came up with right now is that if a project gets a small amount of votes, it will be put in sorta Trending tab, where more ppl can see them

So not only popular projects will show up or at least it’ll give smaller projects a chance

6 Likes

But how will people find that project if a user is brand new and doesn’t have any followers?

5 Likes

Having the old “Newest” tab would kinda be an improvement

Y’know?

6 Likes

But it caused problems in the past. Maybe it only shows non remixed projects?

5 Likes

I think if there was a “Newest” tab, you could sort for a type of project and not get remixed projects. It could utilize that other feature where you can chose what category the project should be in

4 Likes

Also what problems did it cause?

3 Likes

Random roleplays. pCoH

4 Likes