Idea: How hopscotch could publish apps for money

ideas

I've read many topics with people wanting to be able to publish their apps in the app store but it would cost them 100$ a month.
Why make individual apps when you can make them all in one:

Hopscotch could make an other app called something like: App Browser
It could be an app where you have a menu like the apple store but less complicated, and have a search bar where you search for apps published by the hopscotch team.

You could not only publish apps in the hopscotch app maker app, but you could alo send a publish request to hopscotch. If they chose you, your app is in the hopscotch app browser.

]--------There could be 15 seconds videos and 30 seconds videos
How to place them:
-Some apps could be free but each time you click to open them it pops up a 15 or 30 secondes video.
-You could also do a game limit time, so that you click a button that pops up a 30 secondes video and it then gives you 10 minutes of game time. Or spend 0.99$ to get 3 hours of gameplay.
And while playing the app, you have a button where it is like:
-Watch a video to earn Super Bird.

What i would like to add too is:
Not like the games in Hopscotch app maker, where you lose your game if you exit your project.
In this one, it saves your Game. And you could also earn achievements, can be done easily with a check if value. I'm talking about in-game achievements.

So like that hopscotch earns money and if they get more than 300$ A year they could start sharing with hopscotchers hopscotchers too.

Advantages:
-Hopscotch will be more popular
-Hopscotch gets money and maybe hopscotchers too
-Hopscotchers will more productive to get their projects as apps.
-100$ for unlimited apps
-Alot of people are going to use it. Inculding me because games get realistic. (I could finally play cookie cliker without having to enter my previous score.
-Since you can't edit code, taking screenshots of your score or sharing your scores are now legit.

Yeah but what kind of apps are we going to have?
These are some examples:

Lemonade Stand by @Madi_Hopscotch_
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/xax4emmi7

Cookie Cliker by JRD612
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/x99w4d27w

Angry Bird by the Hopscotch team
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/xf7soxslw

Shake the Coke by Penguin Lax Dude!
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/xg003iyqk

Tic Tac Toe by Funkey Monkey
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/qh2bbzg

And maybe my snake project :smile:

Credits:
Inspired by Stradyvarious's post:
http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/suggestions-for-improving-hopscotch/138/15?u=tromaxthedestroyer

Play time/App browser with 🌇
Suggestions for improving Hopscotch

That's a good idea (i couldn't be bothered to read it all) but from what I read it sounded at good idea

Thanks you.
I know it's long, I will maybe make pictures to explain.

Good idea. However, if Hopscotch did this they would probably just have a look over the projects entered and say their in.

By the way, making pictures will be hard because it does not exist.

I think this is a good idea, but some games couldn't be published (like Angry Birds or Geometry Dash) because they are copyrighted

You are right some things are clear:
We can't allow like an angry birds project.
The solution is to change it.

For example: Angry hopscotchers
Were instead of pigs stealing bird's babies, we could have
Cheaters stealing hopscotcher's projects.

Wow @TromaxTheDestroyer that's a really detailed idea! I love how well you've thought it through :smiley:

I guess a point though is that Hopscotch is made for us to create for fun and learn how to code, and not making programs for money. Hopscotch is definitely a great step for us to get introduced to coding so that we can learn to program apps when we're older though!

Wow!!! I couldn't read it all NOT because it was too long but just because of something, but from what I read it sounded like a great idea! I understand the point of it. Make a program like the app store but simpler and the hopscotch team will add projects that aren't already copyrighted. You thought it through and I think if Liza or someone else from the hopscotch team see this hopefully they'll like the idea. Hopefully they'd be able to do it because the Apple company is a really advanced company with lots of experience. But you never know, the hopscotch team is really great!!!

Oh, and one more thing, can you explain the gameplay time thing? I don't get it.

@TromaxTheDestroyer
But WAIT. You didn't realize this- Would they pay, when you could download hopscotch for free and play it for free?And you don't even see ads

Already mentionned
2-There could be 15 seconds videos and 30 seconds videos
How to place them:
-Some apps could be free but each time you click to open them it pops up a 15 or 30 secondes video.
-You could also do a game limit time, so that you click a button that pops up a 30 secondes video and it then gives you 10 minutes of game time. Or spend 0.99$ to get 3 hours of gameplay.
And while playing the app, you have a button where it is like:
-Watch a video to earn Super Bird.

Gameplay is basically like you game time.
It's like when your mom tells you that you can play 1 hour.
Your game time is 1 hour.
So when you load up games it starts a timer.
You get warnings 5 minutes before your timer ends.
And when your timer ends it pops up a message if you want to pay 0.99 for 3 hours of gameplay or watch an add for 10 minutes of gametime.
And thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

This is great. I agree with @CreativeCoder and @t1_hopscotch completely.

I don't think the .99¢ apps would sale very well. Just think like this, what would you rather spend your money on, a 99¢ app online made by little kids, or, a new game on the App Store that cost 99¢. Normal people don't like to spend their money on apps. And they would DEFINATLY not want to spend it on an app that was made by 12-year-olds. I'm not saying that hopscotchers projects are BAD, MOST OF THEM ARE AWESOME, but I am saying that we have lots of limitations on hopscotch that don't allow our projects to be any better!

Not only kids play but you are still right.
Putting prices on some apps is a bad idea.
Ads should replace them.

What pictures?
What part of my topic are you referring to?

I like the idea. That is a great way to earn the money they would need!

Oh sorry, I mean't
Thank you