Idea for new category

So i had this idea for a forum category where people would be able to post a project or an idea and the post would automatically have a bar below it for a rating 1-10 1 being worst, and 10 being best, you could comment, or reply with a project that was similar. The post would be one of three mini categories, (recognize, wip, and FTU)

@awesomeonion @Ana
What do you think?

New hs or forum category?

Sounds pretty good…

Forum

K. I was editing that but I ran out so here’s my whole take:

But generally, I disagree. I don’t think this is a good idea.
In Hopscotch: If people get low ratings on the projects, they might feel hurt or discouraged and that’s not what we want here. Our goal is to make everyone feel welcome, and safe and help them learn or improve their coding skills. A rating bar might not be the best way to do that.
As for the forum, we already have the projects update topic, where people can already get feedback like that and put in their own number rating scale if they’d like. I think this is sufficient, and doesn’t need its own category

I have to agree with you here

It could discourage some people though like Fea said

Yeah, here’s my idea-

I agree with Fea. With the ratings, it could make peeps sad and unwilling to code, upset to the point of possibly quitting, or even boastful.

I would have to agree with Fearless. It could make people unwilling to code anymore, I mean, there are lots of trolls out there. People might give someone a bad rating just because they ha.te them. We want to bring people up, not tear them down. Also, we can just insert a poll here, like so:

0 voters

So a catergory isn’t that needed. We also have a General Project Update topic, don’t forget that.

Nobody voted lol

I think that was just an example of a poll :slight_smile:

Oh, got it :wink:

Would you like to join the collab Gwe?

Sure :))

Can u put your name in the wiki?

Consider it done :wink:

Thanks! @tankt2016 Do u have anymore old collabs we could use?

Do u @GweTV? We need an account with unlimited posts.

Let me check…

I forgot new acc have limited posts…
When does the restriction go away?

I’m not sure. I couldn’t make any…