Idea: Execute Block

I have an idea for THT to add. An execute block, for example, if you’re making a project and don’t to code clutter use this block inside a repeat loop and it will only get executed once (or however many times the user puts)

Here’s what it would look like:

Where it could be used:
You could use inside a forever / repeat loop to de clutter code.

10 Likes

Isn’t this just the same thing as repeat times 1?

5 Likes

I dont get this.
Could we just use repeat and repeat forever?

2 Likes

So you put it in a repeat forever/when game is playing but in only runs the first time?

2 Likes

Yes, that correct

2 Likes

Got it. Cool idea!

1 Like

So a shy repeat block huh
Hmm, that’s a nice idea

1 Like

It took me a few times to understand this, but I get it now. Sadly, this block isn’t really necessary because you can always do this:
When game starts: Repeat times (blank):random block, random block, random block, Repeat times (1): Random block, etc.

While I was typing that I realized you might mean something different than what I thought you meant at first. So, do you mean that in the repeat loop, there would be another loop that repeats a less amount of executions? If so, still not really necessary. I know your thinking of making things cleaner, which isn’t bad, but there are other ways to make code look cleaner, such as magenta and rainbow custom blocks.

You still have a great idea, though. So keep coming up with those great ideas, I’d love to hear them :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

So basically you put this in a repeat forever or a repeat times loop but the code inside of it runs the amount of times that you specify and after that it doesn’t get run again?

1 Like

Yep, basically

1 Like

Cool!
I could definitely use this in my pixel arts!

1 Like

If this is available, I won’t wait to use it!

2 Likes

in that scenario why don’t you use a check if self(var) = 0 [code] set self (var) to 1?

2 Likes

This is what I am interpreting from this:

1st time:
When game is playing
Flip
Move forward
End

2nd time
When game is playing
Move forward
End

3rd time