What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version)
iPad IOS 14.7.1 hopscotch 3.50 1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I was updating my maze solver to the latest player and then it broke. Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
Update my maze solver.
Try to move the end or beginning.
I expected this to happen:
It to work still But instead this happened:
It goes Here’s a sweet screenshot:
Well, that’s not necessarily true. There are breaking changes (such as clone behavior changing) and a warning that it could happen. There probably is a bug somewhere, but from what I see in this report, it’s probably already been reported.
you do need to pay attention to the warnings when you’re updating, especially with clones and strings, since there were some big changes being made to those features between a few versions.
what specifically broke? if it’s there interpretation, then sure it might be the strings but what is the interpreter method? how is it coded?
theres a lot more specific questions you need to answer and take a look at because it could very well just be something that’s liable to break between versions as the disclaimer says
The intuputer method for the grid is a caicter at index block involving the clone index. I just did a bit more debugging and it appears it has to do with the chariters in _ between _ and _ block. I will do more debugging.
Edit: it’s changing it to a number during the process. I think that’s already reported. If so can you please move it there?
if you used clone indexes here, its not a bug and your code will need adjustment
if the string (19283727 for example) is being changed to just a number, then add an insignificant character after the string ends (19283727# for example) and adjust whenever you use the length of the string
I had an issue related to numbers, even though the entire thing was treated as a string. Well, actually, the root of my problem was in the generation when I was initializing the maze data (it wouldn’t add the trailing 0’s). So I switched those to o’s and it worked like a charm (it might not work for you since you updated your project from player 1.5.x).
Speaking of, do “save input to (self nothing) prompt (maze data)” and see if you spot anything off…
It doesn’t explain why you’re getting duplicate ends, though…