1. You’ll never be as pointless as this watermelon:

2. Or the frosting on this Pop-Tart:

3. And you’ll never be as useless as this handrail:

4. And REMEMBER: You can actually spell “remember”:

5. No, if you’re feeling useless, just remember you didn’t get cast as “grass”:

6. Remember: You’ll never be as useless as Arthur’s headphones:

7. AGAIN! You’ll never be as worthless as these drawers:

8. Or this bench:

9. Because you’re special, and you’re unique, and not at all pointless like these subtitles:

10. YOU MATTER, unlike this fence:

11. And you’re way more important than this cello:

12. And hey, at least you can spell “bird”:

13. You’ll never get stuck like this:

All creds to Buzzfeed.

Honestly, I was so little when it happened... I never really knew. My mom said I started getting depressed after i was in a car accident. Then when i was 8 my grandfather was in and out of hospitals for about 5 years and still is. Then a few deaths happened.. My great grandma.. my best friend, my cat died in my arms.. My mom just mostly just said i had a lot of family issues with hospitals and my mom and half dad separating.. that it just made a huge mark on a 6-9 year old. And i guess what keeps it going is remembering those incidents and constant bullying. And then i'm moving (my parents already moved but im not going to the new house for another month) so now i have stress of a new town and new school.. and then depression of leaving my friends.. then i also have a weird thing i forget what the doctor called it, but i sense when my friends or people i'm close to are sad or depressed and it cause me to be depressed...

That's So Sad, Is There Anything I Can Do To Cheer You Up?

Thank you for those @Kiwicute2016 :slight_smile:

Wow. That's some great advice, Senpai 52. :3

I'm sorry that you have depression. I've never dealt with something like that nor have I met a person in real life who said they had depression. I've always believed that life was worth living to the fullest because you've only got one chance. Even when things don't go my way, I know everything's going to get better sometime. Hurting yourself makes you feel better in that period of time, but it won't help you in the long run. You do it because your upset with yourself. It doesn't work like that. You've got a long life ahead of you and you're going to find light in darkness or else you're going to fight for that light. And if everything around you has turned dark, then you have to shine for them. You have to fight to get out of it, because the more you think you can't and the more they say you can't, the less you'll be able to leave your depression behind. Only you can save yourself and you can help others too. If you feel worthless, then that's a problem because you were brought into this world for a reason and you should never forget about that reason.

There must be something you find happiness to; something you look at that makes you smile, fills your imagination with sunshine. Maybe your best friend is your imagination and it might show you happiness! Being depressed is unhealthy. Don't go around thinking, I hate this. I hate that. It won't help you breathe.

Don't say you can't help your depressions because you can. You just have to try and make everything better.

I understand what you're struggling through. I've been there!

I really do hope you feel happier soon. I don't think this belongs on Hopscotch but it is an important yet also sensitive matter.

I used to use a website called seven cups of tea. It was wonderful.
I would always tell my "patients" this:
Think about happy things. Sunshine on your face, dew on grass, bird chirps and fireflies and your favorite books. A soft pillow. A movie. Oreos. Lemonade, cookies, your family and your best friends. Many people think about the downside of their life, but I think everyone should try to poke their head up and look on the upside every once in a while.

@Kiwicute2016
@Gilbert189
@Intellection74

:clap:

bookmarks post

I'll try to go by that also :3

Yeah, it seems a bit too... much for some people, especially young kids.

Exactly. Religion and LGBT might be stretching it for some people, but I feel like this is a bit off the spectrum of what we should be focusing on in Hopscotch.

Couldn't have said it better myself. @Kiwicute2016, what do you think? :D

Can you please delete that? It's quite concerning and shouldn't be said here. :slight_smile:

Done!

Those are like really funny.

Your choice. You're a leader now.

Yeah, I just wanted a *second opinion. :sweat_smile:

*zeroth

I'm sorry to hear this :frowning:

But it will get better. Life has ups and downs, that just a part of it. Sometimes you'll start off bad, but that doesn't mean you can't finish good. Find something that makes you happy, that makes you feel something. And focus on that. I know you are tired of trying, but just try a little to forget about the bad things. There is good things, too. :wink:

You'll be truly happy one day, I promise, just hang in there and try your best to make things better. :slight_smile:

Enjoy life now, one day it will end. Find the happiness today, while you still can. There doesn't have to be a tomorrow. The universe could end tonight (it probably won't, just making an example). That's why it's important to keep trying to have fun now, while you have the chance. :upside_down:

Life is short, so live it to the fullest. :blush: Whever you feel sad, think of us. Always know that you can count on us when you need us most. We'll be there during good times and bad ones.

I have a high level of self-esteem and I dunno was having depression is like. I am pretty positive on most things and situations and comforting other people is what I'm good at.
Usually, in a very terrible situation, this is what I always think:

Depression is extremely unpleasant. But is it a curable illness, I think. Don't let yourself sink into it, k?
This may not sound possible to you but your ability is definitely out of your imagination.

Here is a video I recommend you to watch(link): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfTV3UV_WlY

Ok, time to cheer you up!

@Kiwicute2016 @Gilbert189 You can close this topic if you want.

@Kiwicute2016 That speech really made me think, thank you for writing that.